First Day. First Look.

Start from the beginning

I nod, slowly, as I distract myself from drawing houses in my notebook, not bothering to look at the door. Ever since I was a child, I've dreamed to be an Architect. My Dad is an architect and I admire him so much. I'm also good at drawing lines and designs, add that.

"Class... I would like you to meet Samantha Fogwell. She's your new classmate, she's from Kentucky and I would like you all to get along with her. Am I clear?" She say, giving us a look of ease.

"Yes Ms. Garcia" The class shouted back in unison.

"Okay Samantha, you can sit beside Mr. Thompson" She said pointing at the blank chair beside Mark.

I jilt my head to Mark, giving him a teasing look, as he give back an unimpressed look on his face. I know Mark, so I know he surely has some eye on that new girl. As I glance at the girl, I'm apparently getting blown away. She's so, beautiful, and it makes me feel insecure and conscious about myself. I can see that she has, perfectly tanned skin. I look up to see her eyes. One of the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen, why can't I have those kind of eyes. As I look over her, walking towards the empty chair. My eyes are stucked. You can see that she's a very decent person, which causes me to frown, because It only appears that It's hard to get to know her and be friend with her.

I struck out of my own little world, when suddenly, I feel Mark's finger, pinching me on the side of my stomach. "Ouch!" I groan, more like a whisper. "That's what you get when you ogle our new classmate" he tease.

"I'm not ogling her" I stopped when I saw Samantha's eyes land on mine, thinking maybe she might have heard what we've been talking about. I will literally kill myself now. I'm so embarrassed and Mark is responsible for this. I am surely going to write his name on my suicide note.

The bell rings and we all walk out of the room to go to the cafeteria. Just as we're about to go in, I turn to see Mark, giving me back the teasing look I give him this morning

"What?!" I snap.

"You like the girl?" He said grinning.

"What do you mean do I like the girl?" I ask again, confused.

"You can't hide it. The way you fantasize her this morning. It's obvious. You like her." He said while getting the tray for the two of us.

"Mark, I'm a girl. And girls are not supposed to like girls." I say, sliding the food on the counter.

"Oh come on, haven't you known about gay people, lesbians?" he say, pointing at the apple so the lady counter can get it.

"Yes I know about gay and lesbians, but I am not one of them" I say assuredly, as we walk towards the empty table.

"Whatever you say." He smile, as we sit on the chair, opposite on one another, then we start munching our food.

*Samantha*

Finally, the last bell ring and I can go home. People here are so unctuous. They treat me like a Princess because they know that my mom and dad are rich. How pathetic. I walk out the school, quickly running towards my Limo, with my driver, Marcos, waiting there. I sigh, then I slide myself inside the car. I close my eyes; all I can think about today is how soft my bed will be at home, because I will definitely take an early night tonight.

As soon as we arrive at the front door of my housr, I quickly throw myself towards my bedroom. Getting mad at how long It will take to walk to my room, because this house is gigantic. We can barely see each other here, and If I want something to eat, I can call on my room phone and have them delivered in my room. That's how things work in here... and in my life.

I jump onto my bed, trying to feel the softness of the cotton bed sheet and the coldness of the night.

I hear my phone ring, causing me to jump from my position. I grab my phone over my pocket. "Hello?" I ask, frustration clear in my voice "Sam, can you come over here?" My mom say. I say yes, then I hung up. I walk slowly towards her office room. As soon as I open the door, I see her pressing her keyboards.

"Oh Hi. How's your first day of school?" She ask

"It's fine. Nothing unusual" I answer, she look at me smiling trying to raise the mood. "Have you made any friends?" She urgently ask, looking towards me, waiting for the answer. "No, I haven't"

"Well you have to socialize, make some friends, hang out, go for shopping. People here is nice" She say,

"Okay" was all I cam think of to say. I know my mom has no time for this chit chat. She's a very busy person. So I'm not planning on having a long conversation with her after all.

"Well, If you want to eat, just tell the maids what you want okay?" She say, gesturing over the door. I didn't nod, as I walk straight out of her room.

Although I'm starving, I'm not planning to eat anything. I just want to lie down on my bed and sleep all night long. I got tired of seeing people staring at me at school. I wish they'll never knew who I truly am, cause if they did. I'll never have an education for myself, because people will start nudging towards me to get my autograph, and photograph.

I look at the clock, I see it's around 5pm. Maybe it's a little early for me to go to sleep. So I decided to call Petta, my friend back from Kentucky. He's about my height, and has blonde hair that didn't fall along his forehead. His skin is pale white, he's so much concern of his hygene, and lastly, they have a mansion back at Kentucky.

"Hello?" he say,

"Hi! I missed you so much." I say, groaning.

"Oh hey Sam! How's it doing there in L.A.?" He asked, anxiously.

"It's hideous. I barely know anyone."

"Well" he pause. "you have to have some friends you know. Find someone who can put up on your attitude." He tease.

"Shut up Petta!.I don't have that attitude you're talking about" I snap,

"Oh you do." He say, in a teasing way, again.

Half an hour have passed from talking to Petta. I've been thinking, maybe I should really need to have some friends. Not some unctuous one, but the truthful and funny one. Guess it's worth to try.

*Krystel*

I'm here lying on my bed, arms wide open. I'm staring at my ceiling for about half an hour now, thinking about how I can be friends with the new girl. Her face is stuck in my head, her beautiful eyes and cheekbones, her walk, her hair, her nose, her lips, well, I never saw her smile but I'm sure it's stunning.

Wait what? I shake my head over the thoughts, as I sit up straight. Why am I thinking her? I'm not getting insecure, am I. And I'm not lesbian at all! if that's what it is. I will never be leshian. I like boys.

In fact I've had 3 boyfriends.

One is a Football Player, the other is a Math genius, and the other is a... gay. I've only known it when we broke up, he told me he's starting to like guys, then I told him, it's his choice.

"Krys, dinner's ready!" My mom shout, from downstairs. Looking up at the window I noticed it's already dark outside. I ran downstairs seeing mom preparing the plates...

"Where's dad?" I ask, sitting on the chair.

"He said he'll be late tonight," She response. I nod, then I grab the spoon, filling it with mashed potato. Awfully thinking, I didn't know I was this hungry since then.