23. Where do broken hearts go?

A/n Zayn look like he just woke  up! hahah

*Zayn's POV*

"Why do you care anyways...You're not my boyfriend. Liam is!" She yelled at me.

I can't believe what's coming out of her mouth right now! Why wouldn't I care? She's my best friend for god sake! I started to pace back and fourth, I could tell my nerves are getting irritated.

"What? Liam is your boyfriend!" I managed to say. I clenched my fists in anger, fumes coming out of my ears.

"I don't know. But answer my question!"

"Because I um, I-L, ugh!" And I stormed out slamming the door behind me.

What in the world! Liam and Emma should NOT be dating . I stormed down the stairs and out of the gate. The only thing I can do to calm my nerves, is go to the lake. I started walking down the street until I saw a small lake at the end of the road.

Wow this is insane. I would never guess Liam and Emma would get together. EVER! I got out my tiny notebook I keep in my jacket, and started to draw me and Emma together at this lake. Her arm was around my shoulder and my hand around her waist. We were both sticking our tongues out and squinting our eyes. Even though she hasn't been here before, I could picture us having a moonlight picnic and counting the stars. I wish life was like that. No interruptions, just the two of us.

That would be...

Perfect

I wish that did not just happen. I wish I can go back and tell her how I really feel. But she's already taken by Liam. There is no point, and now our friendship is ruined. I walked along the rocks humming a tune.

'cause nobody knows you baby the way I do

and nobody loves you baby, the way I do

It was true. Nobody loved Emma the way I do. Nobody knows her the way I do.

Hey... maybe we weren't Fireproof

*Liam's POV*

My phone started ringing.

"Uh, ello?"

"Hi mate, this is Zayn. Where are you?"

Zayn, that's weird. I haven't talked to him since last week.

"Um I'm at the hotel with Nialler. Why what's up?"

"Can I come over?"

"Yeah you know where our room is, so come on over!!" I replied.

"Okay" and he hung up. I set out some chips and soda and sat on the couch waiting for Zayn to arrive. Why was he here?? Not to be rude or anything but we usually play FIFA at his house and frankly, we don't have a functioning television here.

"OO FOOD!" Niall said running out the room with Maya following quick behind. They were cute. Someday, maybe Emma and I could have a relationship like that.

"Not for you! Zayn's coming to hang out, but I assume we are going to talk about something" I swatted their hands away.

"MY HOTEL, I EAT CHIPS" and he proceeded to eat.

*Zayn's POV*

The door opened, and I saw Liam. Next thing you know, my fist was connected to his face. Punching him in all areas, my punches were getting slower as I heard a scream.  As I continued to punch him, my eyes were glossy and vision blurred. My fists had turned a dark shade of purple. Liam was crunched in a fetal position trying to protect himself and fight back at the same time.

"Zayn get off!" Niall screamed picking me up off Liam. "What's the problem?"

I slid my back against the wall with my head in my hands. I quietly sobbed feeling guilty of what I've just done. Why would I punch him? He was my friend and this wasn't how friends treated each other.

"Um Zayn? Ello?" Niall said staring at me.

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it again. I looked over to see Maya on the couch with a shocked expression on her face and a look of fear.

"I'm so sorry Liam, I don't know what came over me. Ever since you and Emma got together, my emotions got the best of me. I just really got jealous of the fact that you guys were getting together and I didn't have a chance,"

"Wait? LIAM AND EMMA! But Emma was suppose to be with me!" Niall said looking angrily at Liam and I. Shortly covering  his mouth realizing what he just had admitted in front of his girlfriend.

"Excuse me?" Maya asked in an annoyed tone with her right hand on her hip giving her him a glare.

"I-I-I don't know," Niall stuttered.

"Whatever. Talk to me when you do know," She said grabbing her purse and storming out and slamming the door behind her.

"Look what you've done!" He said pointing and glairing at me as he ran after her slamming the door behind him as well.

And then there were two. The tension between us was stronger than gravity and it was so awkward standing in the same room with the guy I just beat up not too long ago.

"Wow mate, I didn't know you felt that way. I'm truly sorry" Liam said rubbing his neck but not making eye contact with me.

"No it's my fault. I should have never did this, it was wrong of me" I replied looking down at my shoes. Liam got up and walked to the freezer grabbing 2 ice packs.

"Here you go, I know your knuckles hurt" He said handing me one.

"Thanks, but I am very sorry."

"Don't worry about it. If you want me to break up with Emma, I can. I assume you like her as well."

"No! She likes you a lot. And yes, I happen to love her actually, but she's better with you" I said holding back the tears.

"Thanks mate"

"I should go. I truly am sorry" I said getting up and opening the door.

"Don't worry about it, have a good one" and he closed the door.

As I was walking, the tears kept coming down. My heart is literally broken in 2. The girl I love is now gone forever. I had an argument, and beat up her boyfriend in less than 24 hours.  I feel awful. I walked home with the tears still running down my cheeks. Passing Emma's house was the hardest. I'm so used to sleeping over and hanging out 24/7, but now I can't. I walked inside my house going straight to my bedroom and flopping on my bed.

Why do I have to be so stupid? Why do I have to ruin everything, just why?

I looked at the picture of me and Emma on my nightstand cheesing in front of the Hollywood sign. The day we first met. Best day ever! It was so perfect...

I got underneath the covers and slowly started to cry myself to sleep.

A/n so we decided we are going to make at least 30 chappy's  and 40 to the maximum! So holl tight!! THERE'S STILL MORE TO COME!!

BYEEEE xxx