Chapter 22: The Application

When Diana and Mary got home, Mary helped Diana fill out her application for the restaurant.

     "Are you sure you want to work there? Amy won't be a distraction for you?"

     "Yes, Mary. I'll be fine. It's not like it's my dream job, but I can do it. I have to start somewhere."

     "That's if you get hired. They have to like your application first and you don't have much work experience."

     "I'll be alright. If I don't get the job, I can just apply somewhere else. That is how job hunting works; I keep looking until I find a job."

     "Good."

     "For past jobs and references, I could put down babysitting right? I babysat the neighbors kids all the time."

     "I wouldn't put any of that down. I learned the hard way that the people from our past can ruin our chances in the future. it took me a while to get a job because I put down references from babysitting jobs but all the parents could say was that they wished they never thought to trust me in the first place and that they hope I didn't have any bad influence on their kids. Employers don't care why, but I know it was because they think I am a whore."

     "Okay. No past jobs or references. I really feel like I am starting over now."

     "I know Diana, but it gets easier. We can bring this to the restaurant tomorrow."

     "Thanks, Mary."

     "No problem, sis."