Chapter 6: Stupid Boys

One week later, Jacob noticed that Diana's attitude was a bit off.

"Are you feeling okay, Diana?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Jacob. No one did anything wrong."

That night, at dinner time, Diana noticed that there wasn't a plate at the table for her. That was when the doorbell rang.

"Surprise," Katherine said as she opened the door, revealing Jacob with a bouquet of purple flowers.

"Purple is your favorite, right?" Diana nodded. She loved the flowers.

"Go on Diana," Katherine gestured her out the door, "We know you had a great time on your first date and Jacob was just so eager to take you on another one. We all wanted to surprise you."

"Okay, just let me go get ready really quick." Diana looked down at the sweats and baggy t shirt she was wearing and quickly went to change her clothes.

When Diana was ready to go, she followed Jacob to the same restaurant where they had their first date.

"I figured that since we liked it here, we could make it our place," Jacob told Diana.

As they went to sit down, Jacob asked if they could sit at the same table where they had their first date. After they sat down, Amy came over to take their orders.

Amy and Diana made eye contact, but Diana quickly looked back at the menu.

"It's nice to see that the lovely couple is back again. How are you this evening?" Amy asked, trying not to make it too uncomfortable for Diana.

"We're good. I am surprised you remembered us after only one dinner," Jacob replied.

"Yes. I try to remember everyone that comes in here," Amy replied, smiling at Diana.

Diana refused to lift her eyes from the menu and Amy went to get them some waters.

After dinner, Diana managed to leave with Jacob without any interference by Amy. She felt relieved and relaxed more on the walk home. Jacob noticed this change in Diana.

"You're smiling again."

"Yeah. I had a good time tonight. It's nice to get out of the house."

Jacob went to hold Diana's hand and for the first time, she didn't brush his hand away. Jacob smiled given this new advancement and being just a block away from Diana's house, he leaned in for a kiss. Diana moved quickly and pushed him away.

"I don't think we should date anymore, Jacob." Diana then proceeded to walk home by herself, Jacob close behind to make sure that she got home alright.

When Diana got home and walked inside, she was immediately greeted by her parents.

"How was the date, Diana?" Katherine asked with a smile on her face.

Diana didn't even turn to look at her parents.

"Stupid boys!"

And with that, Diana marched to her room and went to bed so she wouldn't be questioned any further.