Chapter 21: Sisterly Love

"I want all the details on this, Diana. You obviously want to be more than friends with her." Mary was budding into Diana's love life the way Diana always thought her sister would someday if she had never left.

     "Shhh! Mary!" Diana sounded irritated, but truthfully, she was happy that she could have these sister moments.

     "You obviously like her! Just ask her out!"

     "But maybe she's right that a relationship is not what I need right now!"

     "You'll never truly know unless you try!"

     "Fine Mary."

     They quieted down as Amy walked back to their table with their waters.

     "So ladies, are we ready to order?"

     "Actually," Mary began, "Diana has something to ask you first."

     "Yes, Diana?"

     "Well.... I was wondering," Diana was having trouble getting the words out. "Do you like working here? I need to find a job and I might as well find something that isn't dreadful." Mary glared at Diana and kicked her under the table.

     "Ow! Oh and are they hiring here?"

     "Let me get you an application, Diana. Are you ready to order first though?"

     "Maybe just a few minutes to look over the menu."

     Amy smiled and left them to decide.

     "What was that, Diana?"

     "I was nervous! And if I'm gonna go on a date with her, I might as well make some money and get to know her better first."

     "Whatever you say, Diana. Whatever you say."

     Diana rolled her eyes just as Amy came back with the application.

     "We'd love for you to come work here, Diana."

     "I think we're ready to order now," Mary said, smiling at the gaze Diana held on Amy.

     "Alright. What'll it be?"