Chapter Four: "No, it's a promise."

    Hello! I am so sorry that I haven't updated since, like, September. I have been lazy, I will tell you that.

Story Date: September 23, 2015 Wednesday

Hayes's POV
___________________

It's been about a week since I came to Northern Bay High School. The week here has been wonderful but there is a couple of things that either bother me or just plain terrible.

      First thing that bothers me is that the way people look at Alex here.

       The girls look at her with disgust in their eyes. At lunch, I hear about how terrible she is. From what got from Alex, she is pretty nice. She may have an attitude, but you have to just have to get to know her. Those popular girls even talk about how ugly she is, how she dresses in barely any clothes, and how fake she is. I mean look at them! They always have a caked face, which makes it worst, they pretty much wear a bra and short shorts! The least clothes I seen Alex in, is a pair of shorts and a tank top. And let's talk about how fake they are! Dyed blonde hair, not only are their roots showing, you can see the extensions in their hair. They even say how lucky she is to be friends with the boys and how she doesn't deserve them. If anything the boys don't deserve her. The only nice thing I heard from a girl is that how smart she is. She is way more than that.

       Not only to the girls look at her, the boys do too. Call me jealous, I don't care, the way they look at her bothers me so much! They practically fucking eye raping her in gym! I mean she does look hot with a tank top and shorts, but I wouldn't take off her clothes with my eyes. At least not every guy does, some at least have some manners, it's mostly the nerds.

      The only thing is just terrible is the way that Gabe Stewart and his 'gang' treats me. Not only verbally treating me, it's more of the physical treating. I guess one day Gabe caught me staring at Alex and he didn't like it. People saw the way I look at Alex, like she is a queen, and they told me if that Gabe or one of his friends catches me staring or talking to her, he will most likely to beat me up. The only boys that can talk to her are, so what I learned, Christian Clay, Ryder McCall , Sebastian Bowman, and Matthew Green. Gabe acts like he owns her.

      The same day Gabe caught me staring at Alex, after gym he beat me up with his friends watching. From that, I have a huge bruise down my side. He is smart to hurt me in the places that people won't see if I don't take off my shirt. Hopefully it stops soon.

     Now let's resume of what's happening now...

**********************

          "Listen up!! Today we are playing dodge ball. I need two people for team captain, one girl and one boy!" Mr. Horn shouts as I raise my hand to be called on for team captain. "Alex, Hayes, to the center."

I slowly walk to the center, knowing she is going to pick all of the good players. I nod my head to Alex, signing that she can pick first. "New girl. Katniss, it is?" She nods her head, walking to Alex's side.

I pick Nash, knowing he has a good arm.

*******************************************

As the game is almost over, Alex and I stand on our sides, the last ones left. I didn't really want to hurt her by throwing the ball at her, so the only way winning is to catch her ball.

As Alex's team cheers her on and my team groaning just not believing in me to win. Alex throws a straight at me, but I dodge the ball, letting the red around ball hit the wall.

I grab the ball from beside me, making sure that a ball won't hit me. I look over to Alex's side, seeing that she had no balls, whatsoever.

I chuck the ball in hand, with her not paying attention to me, it hits her in the stomach. My team runs over to me, lifting me into the air as they cheer. I look over to Alex, seeing that she had fire in her eyes. This was not the good kind of fire. I look down in guilt, thinking that she is mad at me.
__________________________

Angelica's POV

Anger fills my eyes as I see Hayes's blue shirt lift up, showing his side, not to mention, bruised side. You could see that the bruise was man made. There is no way that the bruise on his side happened on purpose. Someone had to kick him multiple times to make that big of a bruise.

Thoughts fill my head as I think about who at school could of done that. Only one person I could make out. Gabe Stewart. That bastard has been giving Hayes weird glances when he talks to me. I bet he doesn't even know I see them.

       **********

         After I got changed, I stood waiting for Gabe to get done, seeing that someone told me that he gets out last.

         Finally he walks out of the locker room, smirking once he saw me. He walks up to me with a questioning look. He reaches out to touch me, but I slam him against the wall, knowing that Mr. Horn is in the staff room for lunch.

         He groans out in pain. Once he looks back up in my eyes, I know he can tell I'm not playing around. "What the hell did I do?!" He yells, struggling to get loose from my grip.

        "Why the fuck did you beat up Hayes?!" I spat in his face, not caring if I got spit in his face.

       "H- h- how you know?" He stutters.

        "I'm not gonna tell you. Even if I did would you beat up that person too?" I say sarcastically.

         "Yes, I mean no. God damn it!" I bring him little from the wall and slam him harder into the wall than before.

        "Why the hell did you do it?" I question looking up at his scared face.

       "I don't know!" I applied more pressure to him. "Okay! I didn't like the way he looked at you, okay? It bothered me, knowing I couldn't be the guy you would love in love with. I'm jealous of him! I grown a liking to you ever since you came to L.A. And yet never once did I grow close to you. I thought maybe if Hayes had bruises and scars all of him, you would think he was ugly and wouldn't grow close!" He explains.

      I punch him in the face and push him to the ground. "Leave everyone alone or else you will get punch 20 times harder than that!" I spat kicking him in the balls, walking away.

      "Is that a threat?!" Gabe yells out.

     I stop to to turn around. I look at him with a smirk, "No, it's a promise."

________________

    Holy shit, I updated! I feel so proud of this chapter, I even did Hayes's point of view.

    I love how you guys read my book, which got me up to 1k! You guys vote and add my story to your library. But I just don't know how you feel about this book. Seeing that you don't comment or message me about how to improve or why you chose to read my book. So please comment!

   Date: October sixteenth, 2015. Friday