1. In Autumn

The brisk wind blew as leaves scattered around Sam's boots. He didn't mind the breeze, it was gentle and soft while it brushed his face. The weather brought the feeling that everything would be perfect, and Sam believed it would.

He had just started high school and was pretty confident with his classes. Sam was just remembering all the new names he learned when he heard his name being called.

"Sam! Hey Sam! Wait up!" Yelled the voice.

Sam rolled his eyes, recognizing the voice as his brother Dean. Honestly he wanted to walk home himself. He always had to walk with Dean, no matter what.

"Sam!" Said Dean, out of breath. "You were supposed to wait for me! Why didn't you?"

Dean was a Senior, unlike Sam, who was a Junior. Dean wouldn't be caught dead talking to him but never let Sam out of his sight.

"Dean, I can handle a fifteen minute walk home, all by myself." Answers Sam. "I don't need to be watched all the time. I'm old enough."

Dean chuckles to himself. "So you think Sammy. But no matter how annoying you think I am, I will always be by your side. Always in my sight."

Sam scoffs.

Dean looks over at him. "You never know the day when you will have left me behind and need me the most."

Sam looks forward, and continues his walk home, making sure not to walk ahead of Dean.

*This is my first fanfic, believe it or not. After the story becomes introduced, it will continue to get longer, so don't worry about it being so short. Please tell me how well I'm doing and if I should continue, or if you have anything to critique. Thanks for reading!
-AutumnMysterious