xi

should we cry over the picture in the media?

Luke rushed out of the shower and got dressed in the stupid hospital gown. He sat on the bed trying to not look nervous.

He never hung out with Michael before. Luke has never even heard his voice, at least not when speaking directly to him. Only sometimes in the school hallways when Michael would talk to Calum.

Someone softly knocked and Luke turned his head quickly, too quickly. His neck cracked but he ignored the pain because the tall red-haired boy was standing at the door.

"Hi." Michael awkwardly waved at the blond.

"Hey." Luke smiled. He was staring at visitors green eyes.

Michael came close to the bed and only then Luke saw that he was holding a McDonald's paper bag in his hands. Michael's stare followed Luke's and he smiled handing him the bag of goodies.

"Oh yeah, I've sneaked in some food for you." Luke grinned. "Not the healthiest choice but I presumed you need some spoiling."

Luke made grabby hands towards the bag and let out a million of thank you's in the process.

The patient made space on the bed and patted it so Michael could sit there.

While eating, the boys did a bit of small talk about Luke's recovery and Michael even shared some details about his next fight. They ate everything, not even caring if they would get caught.

After half an hour of bonding, the nurse came by informing them that Luke has his checkup with the doctor in ten minutes.

Michael nodded turning to Luke.

"Thank you for coming. And thanks for the food. And thank you for everything." Luke said feeling overwhelmed remembering all the things the boy in front of him has done for him. And thinking he denied him when he asked for help.

Michael smiled. "Looks like I'll really have to call that prostitute."

Luke slapped his arm playfully laughing. "No, you won't need to. We'll proceed with the plan after I get out of the hospital."

"What's the plan?" Michael asked with a gleam in his eyes.

"You'll have to find out next week." The redhead rolled his eyes causing Luke to laugh.

Michael jumped off the bed and quickly bro-hugged Luke before saying goodbye.

After the checkup, Luke returned to his room seeing he had a text from Calum.

Cal
How are you feeling today?

Luke
Happy :-)

✦✦✦

Thank you for 500 views. :*

2018: three years later this has over 120k. the happiest.

Love, Lucija