Thirty Two~ Fangirls don't give up

"Welcome to your life. There's no turning back."

-Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears
_________________________

"I see here on your resume it says you were fired from Palm Cafe? Can I ask why that is?"

I picked at my nail beds nervously. "Some unwanted attention was being brought to the cafe and for some reason it was my fault."

"Mmhm." Mrs. Orlandella scanned me again. I had hoped with this suit jacket and dress pants I might look a little more professional and trustworthy looking, first impressions were important. Unfortunately for me, I had already set a first impression unintentionally and it wasn't a very good one. Being called a slut in a magazine isn't exactly job material.

"Would you bring that attention to Harper's Grocery?"

"Only in a good way. It wouldn't negatively affect you. More customers equals more profits." I smiled, not even believing myself.

"One last question," her eyes skimmed my resume behind her cat eye glasses. "Why do you want this job?"

I would tell her I need this job but I didn't want to sound too eager, but I still wanted to be honest. "For the money. I'm trying to help my mom out with the bills and I'll be going to college soon so I need some stability before I go away."

"What college?" She raised her orange eyebrows. This woman looked like a clown it wasn't even funny.

"Princeton." I said proudly.

She nodded and made that "Mmhm." Sound again. She had kept doing that throughout the interview and I didn't know if it was a good thing or bad.

"Well, I'll have to contact you about if you got the job or not." She smiled and stood up, I imitated her then shook her hand.

"Nice meeting you." I said one last time before walking out to the parking lot.

"How'd it go?" Libby asked me once I got in the car.

"If she said thank you, it means you didn't get the job." Megan said from the back seat.

I sighed as I ripped off my blazer, took off my belt, and untucked my shirt. No wonder businesswomen were so bitchy. "I have no idea. What does 'Mhmm' mean in an interview?"

Libby shrugged. "Depends what tone they were using."

I pulled my notepad from the console and checked off "Harper's Grocery". "Only three more to go." I was interviewing for five different jobs. Best case scenario, they all hire me and I can choose the best paying job.

"I have to be at my sister's dance recital in five minutes so you better go Fast and Furious mode." Riley warned. Ever since I got a car, everyone has been making me be their chauffeurs instead of Libby because I had the nicer car.

"Alright, Paul Walker."

I started to pull away and as I did, my phone buzzed.

"Lib, do mind checking that for me?" I was against texting and driving, no matter how convenient it might be.

"Who's 'Asshole'? Because they say that they want to talk."