Chapter 17

We knocked on the door and my mum opened immediately.Her dirty blonde hair was messy.Sometimes I wonder why I'm a brunette and why I don't have blonde hair like hers.Probably got it from my father, but I wouldn't know how he looks like since I've never met him.She was wearing a black v neck and capris.She was holding a beer in one hand.She wasn't a drunk, but she wasn't sober either.She probably had a drink everyday.Its a blessing, I don't drink like her.I hate the smell of alcohol, it makes me want to gag.I could only take a tiny sip from a drink, but that's all.

"Beatrice & Louis, long time no see."

We both hugged and greeted my mum.

"Mum,you shouldn't be drinking.There is no special occasion and its bad.",I say.

"Beatrice,don't tell me what to do.Besides I only had one, it isn't a big deal.Anyways, how was the trip?"

She was lying.She had drank more than one, you can tell.She had bloodshot eyes, and her breath smelled like alcohol.I didn't say anything, though.

"Miami was absolutely incredible!Beautiful weather.",Louis replied to my mum.

"You know, I've always wanted to travel to Arizona.Once I got there I would take a picture right in front of the Hollywood sign.Maybe even fall in love with an American hunk.",she said.

Great.Her drunk talking.Louis was laughing.

"Mum, the Hollywood sign is in California!I'm starting to think you drank more than one, that alcohol is damaging you."

"Beatrice!I told you not to tell me what to do.I just made a mistake."

"No, you know Hollywood is in California.Its your drunk talking!"

"Whatever Beatrice!"

"Now lets move on, and tell you why I came here.I've got some news.",I say.

"Okay?Tell me."

The words couldn't escape my mouth.Just fifteen seconds ago I had confidence, and now it's gone.I couldn't do it.I'm to scared to tell her.Louis rubbed my back.I give him a weak smile.He knew I was nervous and scared.He whispered 'its okay' in my ear.Mum was staring at both of us now.I gulped.

"Mum, I'm pregnant."

"What did you say?"

"I'm pregnant."

She drank some of her beer and put it down in the table.She nodded her head in disbelief, and glared at me.She got up and pointed at Louis.

"Louis, I need to talk to my daughter.Get out!"

Louis got up, and I got up.I grabbed his hand.

"No he's staying.Louis sit down."

Louis sat down, I was still up.My mum stepped forward and got in my face.Her breathe full of alcohol sent shivers down my spine.She looked me in the eyes.

"Your stupid!Your making a mistake!"

Wow those words hit me right in the chest.

"Don't talk to her like that!",Louis said.

My mum ignored it.

"You know what mum, I know I'm a mistake!I know I am something you'll always regret!I've known that for a long time now, and I'm not stupid.This baby I'm carrying, is not a mistake and it will never will be.Im not stupid.This baby is going to be full of love from its family.I'm going to have this baby with the guy I've been with for four years now, and have love for each other.I didn't go around sleeping with some random guy.This baby is going to have a father figure.If you don't want to be part of this, fine with me.No one is forcing you.", I said.I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek.I immediately grab Louis's hand, and walk towards the door.I slam the door behind me, and I could hear glass shattering.She probably threw her beer bottle, but there was no way I was turning back.I'm not going to turn back.I got in the car, and Louis wrapped his arms around me.

"It's going to be okay.We will provide all the love it needs.Shh, it's going to fine.Don't worry, Beatrice."