Chapter 32

"I'm sorry I was unconscious because I was..." What was I doing? Thinking? Having a bad dream? A vision? I have no clue. "I was really tired and I guess I needed some rest. Sorry if I worried you." I hugged him, his eyes flew at me."Its fine I wasn't thinking clearly.""Don't say that. We both know how we feel so why can't we just be together?" I said slowly backing up. "That's my line." Moving quicker than I thought possible I kissed him on the lips. He was caught off guard which really was cute. "So this is your answer huh.""You know it." I smiled to the point where he knew we were on the same page. As he sunk his head to my shoulder, a shockwave flew down my spine. Was I uneasy still? Would this hurt? My uncertainties were washed away when he spoke."Are you ready?" He squeezed my hand securely making me feel safe and comfortable."I'm ready are you?""Defiantly not. I'm scared out of my mind." We both laughed and gave each other reassuring glances. He kissed me for a long moment before going down to my neck. The urge and temptation was written all over his face but he still made an attempt to hide it. He lightly brushed his fangs against the side of my neck making me shiver in silence. Hearing him pierce my skin, swallow, and suck my blood was a weird melody I never thought I'd find amusing. Still hurtful though; losing lots of blood, if he means it or not, aches my neck. I think he could tell when I flinched, I was trying my best not to show any sign of pain. Resting his head by looking straight down towards the floor he starting talking quietly to me. "Can I carry you to a little more private place? ""Sure." My neck felt as if it was losing gallons of blood every second. Between being light-headed and in pain I felt happy that I could be with Ray. He picked me up carefully and took me to a place down the hall in one of the rooms. The room had black walls and seemed like a bedroom."This is my room. Here is the part where you have to..." I forgot I have to exchange blood with him. "From the wrist or neck?" I probably sound stupid for asking that question."Neck is more personal and close." When I heard the word close my heart fluttered skipping far too many beats to be healthy. "How do I drink? I'm sorry I just don't know anything.""It's fine, I don't expect anything from you." He took his nail and cut the side of his neck. Aligning my mouth perfectly with the blood I began drinking. It was sweet yet so warm like he was about to burn up. He ran a hand through my hair, naturally I pulled back. "You will be human for a little while longer, bear with me.""I'm not really sure." "Well... that's not completely true." I lightly kissed him on the lips. "Say no more." Both of our hearts danced together in an impossible harmony. Hearing his blood pump through his veins so swiftly made it hard to focus on anything. Everything was moving so fast the only thing that kept me from letting my mind be completely gripped from insanity's grasp was his lips. "You still need to finish drinking blood.""I already did?" I looked into his eyes, so deep, so dreamy. Any moment I could be swept off my feet into his arms and forget about the world. He made his hand re-scratch his neck."You still need more of my blood in your system to make it safer." He lifted me gently about his cut, not forcing me to drink but I leaned forward and began drinking. It was so sweet, unlike anything I've ever experienced before. "This is wrong. I shouldn't be drinking your blood." My mouth was moving faster than my mind. "That should be enough blood for now. Since you shouldn't be drinking mine should I be drinking your blood?" A sadistic smile smacked his face, it was full of emotion but still sent bone-shattering chills down my spine."I never said that. Don't twist my words." I let out a small laugh but his look made it almost impossible to do anything but look into his eyes. Out of nowhere I felt like I hit a wall head first, everything hurt for what felt like a perpetuity. "Here it comes." His voice resonated in my mind as the whole enchilada bleached to an obscure, blackish color. In the distance I could hear someone screaming my name, who though?"Am I dead?" Light crept into my eyes. So serene... so this is what death is like. "You aren't dead." Ray was holding me in his arms closely. "Alice, do you feel okay?""I'm fine, I feel abnormally dainty.""Immortal bodies don't feel like they weigh a lot but you weigh the same as you used to." He let out a little laugh.
"What's so funny?!""You are so different.""Says the one who is holding my arm down to the bed." Just by the mien on his face I could tell that he didn't recognize he was on my one arm until I spoke."Sorry I got a little carried away.""We have all eternity maybe we should do something to celebrate it." I leaned in and kissed him right on the lips. I hate cheesy romance aka all this kissing. He wasn't expecting that at all."You just love teasing me.""Am I teasing?""This is why I love you.""I love you too." Dead or not this was heaven. Being with the person I love and not having a single worry about the world. Everything was perfect just as it should be. I wonder if this is what my mom had in mind when she wrote that letter. Does it even matter anymore?