Chapter 12

"Why do you have to hide your feelings for Ray?"

"It can't work between us! You didn't tell him did you?" I don't like being lied to especially not by Mr. M.

"He has no idea about you, yet. Why do you think it won't work?" He answered his own question before I even had a chance. "Just because he is a vampire you are willing to deny your feelings."

"He is a vampire when he figures it out I'll be dead like you said."

"The one time you listen to me, you turn it against me." He let out a sigh. "I can't find a good time to tell him it can wait. For now it isn't important. Whether human or vampire you two are perfect for each other so why deny it?"

"When he figures out I'll die and be known as a foolish mortal girl."

"You are crazy about each other. Seeing you together is just shocking because you are both are perfect as a couple. The main thing holding you guys back is your fears of becoming like your family, which will never happen."

"Don't bring them up. For all I care they can forget I ever existed. They never showed any sign of care for me, no concern, nothing. If I died they would be happier. If I ever saw them again I would want to stab a steak right through their hearts. They are dead to me, I have no family anymore. Vampires like you took away my family. Now they lay in their coffin because of a dumb choice. Sunlight can kill a vampire isn't that right Mr. M? I would know wouldn't I? After seeing part of my family turn into an inferno because someone left the curtain open letting in sunlight. I should be dead with them their burning bodies should have burned the entire house down and me, but no I had to live and witness a bloody massacre, and be the lone survivor. After watching my parents die it was funny how everyone kept their distance from me." I stared soullessly at him. "You don't know anything compared to me, about them. So don't call them my family. Just thinking of them makes me sick."

"I know after your parents died your family became werewolf or became witches. The witches were burned when you were six and you saw all of it. As for the werewolves they were all on vacation and it became a bloody massacre. You luckily were not there for that."

"How can I become like my family when they are all dead?"

"I was just assuming."

"Get your facts straight. My family is dead and my foster mom and dad are now dead I am a monster."

"You're not a monster."

"I am surrounded by vampires and my family was not human either. So I am all alone, why my mother told you to put me here is beyond me."

"Do you want to leave?"

"No, this place makes me feel weirdly at home even though I have never really had one." I looked up at the ceiling as Mr. M thought.

"So Alice are you going to accept your feelings for Ray, keep running from them pretending they don't exist, or blame your past and your so called family?"

"Ray would want me dead if he knew the truth but it would be nice to be with him while I am still alive."

"Well I am going to let him back in." He opened the door and let Ray in. I closed my eyes I didn't want to look at Mr. M or Ray right now I just need to clear my thoughts first. Then I will speak when my mind is not scattered.

"Is she alright?" Ray was asking Mr. M.

"I don't know anymore. She has to deal with a many emotions she has never dealt with before." I could tell Ray was worried but I couldn't pretend to be okay he would see through it.

"Mr. M when will you tell him?" I spoke almost as a whisper but he heard it.

"Soon, right now is not the best time." I let out a long sigh.

"I feel a little better now." I opened my eyes Ray was leaned all the way back against the wall next to the bed I was sitting in.

"You should probably go to your dorm and get some rest until eight." Mr. M recommended to me.

"Sleep sounds great right now. Dealing with these emotions is wearing me out. I might want to hurry you know." I gave Mr. M the stink eye and paused, "If I don't hurry the sun might come up." He gave me a nasty look and I threw one right back at him. Then I left him and Ray alone while I went back to my dorm which I fell asleep when I touched my bed.