Chapter 22

"So what is this fourth option you said?"

"An odite is the fourth option."
"What is that?" I saw Ray's face drop as I asked. Mr. M crossed his arms.
"It is an enemy to all vampires, werewolves, and witches they have been called anything from soulless to demons. You can learn about them during your fighting classes right now is not the time."
"But..."
"I can still send you off." That shut me up really quick I wanted to hit him. "You have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to relax. Monday be ready for some training since you are going to be behind everyone you'll take extra classes."
"Why would I need to learn how to fight?"
"A little fighting skills never hurt everyone." I had the perfect comment to throw at him.
"It will hurt who I beat up."
"As if you could even lay a scratch on a vampire they would easily beat you." He sounded so confident I am holding my fists back but it is slowly getting more difficult.
"Is that a challenge?"
"You can interpret it that way. Ray show her the training area and such." Ray nodded and we walked off. It was off in another building. How big is this place? The ground was letting off some fog and the air was damp. The sky wasn't visible anymore too cloudy. When we walked in Ray stayed quiet he pointed to the left. "That is the training room, where you lift weights and such." Then he pointed to the right, "That is the locker room." I swallowed hard.
"I don't have to change in there do I?"
"Of course not, there is a bathroom in the training room you can just use that. The bathroom is very secure when you're in no one can really get in, it would take a lot for someone to break in there." I sighed in relief, I can check that off my list of worries. He pointed forward there was a long hallway it was grand so gigantic still looking at just looking at it reminded of how in every horror movie there was that long hallway, this hallway was warm and inviting but still that image played in the back of my mind. The dark wooden walls, like the rest of the place had a red carpet as a walking path down the center. "Down this hall is where the classes will usually take place." I need to get away from Ray somehow."Okay well I'm tired I'll see you tomorrow." He seemed to believe it, he turned to leave."Do you want me to walk you to your dorm?"
"No thanks, I need to stop by Mr. M's office and talk to him about some private matters." Lying though my teeth I was getting used to it.
"Is everything okay?" He eyes were brown with that tint of red he always had.
"Everything is perfect." I wanted to hug him and cry my eyes out on his shoulder he has no clue about anything that has happened yet he still wants only to help. Pushing my feelings I turned that into my motivation, when Ray was gone I walked to the training room to lift weights. I am actually stronger than I look, lifting more than anyone in my other school was so easy. But those were humans I am up against vampires. I walked over to the weights the numbers were a little rusted making it a little challenging to read but I could manage some pieces with guessing. I lifted two weights both were fifty, they were heavier than I thought but there is no way I am going to give myself the relaxation of lifting anything lighter. Being easy on myself is useless, I pushed up the rusty heavy weights. Usually fifty pound weights didn't bug me these were really heavy, I still managed to get them to the top. Then I put them on a silver bar too make my hands hurt less, they hurt a lot when I held the weights themselves. Maybe my imagination was just making my hands hurt, not enough time to look at them right now though I have to get stronger. I was so focused on lifting the weighs but then I zoned out and the medal bar with the heavy weights attached came down in a split second. Before I knew it I was pinned to the ground and the air was knocked out of me, and I was unable to get more. Something is wrong why can't I move? Someone with jet black hair, a snow white face, and pale eyes like ice stared at me then released me from the grasp of the weight. A deep concerned voice echoed in my mind as everything went black.
"Wake up!" It felt like centuries before I could pry my eyes open again, when I could my back was on a wall I was sitting down. The floor was unsympathetic to my shivering self but I held in the shivers pulling myself back together.