Chapter 28

Someone from behind me walked directly in front of me, they were tall and had burning red eyes with jet, black hair. He was unlike anyone I have ever met, intimidating but there is something else. He gave me a toothless smile. The people who were with him stepped away quickly and shut the door, I heard a click after it shut so they must have locked us alone in here. "About time." He sat down on the floor with his back against the wall facing me. "I thought they would never get you, darling.""I'm not your darling so don't call me that.""Oh come on. You know what I am, what you're doing here, what happens in the end is up to you." He stood up once again, this time he looked taller than before was he six foot?"I don't know what is going on or what you are. So how about you tell me?" A wicked look crept onto his face. His hand reached towards my face and rested on my right cheek. "I'm an odite." My heart skipped a beat I was shocked it didn't stop. An odite, the hybrid most of the monsters was in front of me and worse of all was touching my face."Don't touch me" I shook my head and tried to hit him and kick him this only made my wrists and feet weaker. The pain coming from my wrists was getting worse each moment. Everything staring spinning but before I could have the grace of passing out; he reached down and touched my swollen left wrist. My eyes shot up towards where he was his hand was holding the top of my wrist, he moved my arm in a way that the bottom of my wrist was exposed. "This looks so tempting.""Don't touch me.""I'm so scared, what are you going to do?""I will get revenge." I murmured it was as loud as I could manage because I was about to pass out from the pain."I won't let you have the leisure of passing out, darling. If you sleep you might never wake up the same or at all so be careful." He lower his face to my left wrist."Get away! Leave me alone." I shook my wrist as much as I could. My left wrist started to bleed, the pain made it seem like I was about to die, I was in unbearable, utter, misery."Blood. You are tempting the beast my darling. If you keep this up I might accidently kill you, which would get me in a lot of trouble." He had a sarcastic tone which pissed me off more, the pain made me weak and unable to hold onto anger for long. "I'll just teach you a lesson." He opened his mouth showing his sharp fangs."No stop! You can't.""I can't? Watch me." He sunk his fangs into my wrist it was an ominous, shallow pain it was like an eternity. I was frozen the only thing I could hear was him sucking and swallowing hard. Putting a small amount of space from my wrist he continued talking like he was taking a small break. "You're delicious just so you know. I'm not sure if I can stop." Everything shattered into blackness of relief than a picture appeared in my mind, a dream? It was a child smiling with his family, so sweet. A mom, dad, and two sons. The children wore happy innocent faces while the parents glared at the door with eyes full of wonder. Only moments later a knock came, the mother hesitated but got up and let in an old man. Wait, that guy looks like my grandpa, he went up to the mother and whispered something. The father looked down at the two children, one with black hair the other with bright orange hair. The father lowered his head to the son with the black hair. "Kofu don't forget we love you. Even your brother knows what will happen to him and he has accepted it. Nothing will change if you don't move on, flip to the next page a new chapter, where no one can do anything to you." The grandfather pulled out a necklace it was a blood red emerald necklace with gold surrounding it. The grandpa chanted something and everything caught fire making everyone except the grandpa and Kofu turn into an inferno. I woke up to an ominous, daunting silence. Footsteps crept up behind me the chair held me too tightly to turn nor did I have the energy. My wrists were untouched and everything was slowed down. "Good morning, darling." His ice cold voice haunted me with every syllable more memories taunted me."Stay away!""Did you like my illusion? It seemed to work quite well.""Illusion?""If I actually bit you and gave you my blood while I said some special words it would be easy to force turn you. What you saw was only a fake memory I put in your mind." Someone walked in they were slouched with their head to the floor hiding their eyes from anyone's sight. He went in the corner to my left while the odite went to my left."Hey Wolfie why you look so gloomy?" The odite's smart comment didn't seem to even reach this guy."Back off or I'll rip you into pieces.""So scary." The tone to his voice clearly angered the wolfie guy more. "I have places to go and you have to spend some time with her anyways. Have fun." He left locking the door instantly. "Who are you?""Am I in bad enough condition that you can't tell who I am?" He slanted his head ever so slightly so I could see his face, his messy hair concealed everything on his face except his icy eyes."Nick? What happened to you? Did you go to hell and back or something? Are you okay?" My rambling only made him let a hollow smile that anyone could see through."I'm fine please don't worry Alice.""You can't lie to me. Why won't you just tell me?" "We can talk more in a second. You are the one I'm worried about. Your wrist probably ache with those thorns rapped around your wrists." He walked over to me and untied my from the chair I could move now. As soon as my wrist were untied though I threw them behind my back. At this point I could barely even feel them. Looking at him with only some hesitation."Are you okay?""I'm perfectly fine.""Liar." Instead of even trying to fight with me he just sat down in front of me his back against the wall. "Come on just tell me."