Chapter 26

I felt uncomfortable I hesitated opening my eyes I didn't want to see the mess I somehow got in. When I did I saw I was in a smaller room, this time I had handcuffs on my hands and feet, which were attached to the walls. My grandpa walked in. "Alice it's so great to see you again. My one and only granddaughter.""What do you want from me?" I hissed at him."I have some choices I need you to make. Now listen darling you know are family doesn't accept any humans, you aren't an acceptation. That's why you're here, to start your immortal life. Whether it is by choice or force is on you but it will happen, you can't evade it.""What if I want to stay human?""Don't speak so foolishly, you will change your mind.""Over my dead body." I screamed back."Speaking of dead bodies, bring them in." Ray, Nick, and two others entered the room."What is going on?""These are your choices. Vampire Ray, werewolf Nick, witch Bacca, and odite Mike.""I don't want any of them.""I heard the most interesting rumor. It went something like you, a human, was dating Ray, a vampire." He took a step towards Ray. I jerked forwards rattling my hand cuffs, he was just out of reach. This force of me moving forwards caused me to fall on the ground, making my hand cuffs feel like knifes. "Everyone leave except Ray and Alice, do me a favor and undo their undo their hand cuffs. They need to have some thinking time." Ben freed Ray and I of our handcuffs and then shut the door locking us inside. "Ray I'm sorry I got us in this mess.""Alice, do you know why your family want you to be immortal?""To be honest I'm not sure anymore.""They want you to find someone immortal and spend all eternity with them, as well as your family.""Are you siding with them?" "So what if I am maybe they are right." How could he say that? I thought he would be with me not against me."Why are you turning against me? Is it because you hate me now?" I looked down but Ray dashed to me lifting my head up just enough to make eye contact. His eyes were lonely and only focused on one thing, me. The look was filled with frustration and solitude."No I could never hate you, how can you even think that?" He hugged me. "I love you Alice." My heart started pounding, I was not expecting that. "Don't say that, you don't mean it. You're a monster like the rest of them. You can't trick me.""So is that all I am to you? Some other monster? But you're a monster too if I remember correctly. Can monsters be together?" His words danced with my soul. All this time I called myself a monster did I not even realize what I was saying? I have become something I hate, a hypocrite. "We can't be together." I didn't know what else to say, all I could process was what I have told myself over and over since I met Ray."Why can't we be together?" The look in his eye told me he was seriously. It was intimidating in a way; before I could even continue talking he started again. "Do you not like me? Do you not like vampires?" How can he even think any of those things? "That's not it.""Than what is?" What is holding me back from being with him? Is it just me who is off, something is wrong. Ray is someone I have wanted to be with, so what's stopping me? I don't know anymore, everything I thought I knew has been flipped upside down. Nothing makes sense.