Chapter 15

Ray adverted his eyes from me and towards the door. Mr. M was having a conversation with someone. We lightly knocked and they opened it almost instantly. The way he held my hand when we entered was tighter as the atmosphere. There were two people, Mr. M and his guest were drinking tea, and the guest wore a brown suit, and wore a fascinating look on his face as I walked forward with Ray. Everyone was observing each other it was like a contest Ray stared at Mr. M while Mr. M examined Ray and I a wicked smile painted on his face. The guest looked closely at Ray then at me, from the way he acted I guess he bought it.

"Are you two dating?" The guest smiled gently and lightened up the mood of the room.

"Yes." Ray pulled me closer to him still holding my hand. This is so awkward, I never have been this close to a guy. As the atmosphere thickened it got more awkward. The guest fixed his eyes on me reaching out to shake my hand.

"I'm Trenton, you can call me Mr. T."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. T." I shook his hand and when he released my hand it retreated to Ray. I felt like a child he was talking to me so strangely, maybe it was his tone he was talking in made me want to drive my fist in his face. His attention snapped off of me and to Ray they didn't shake hands they held each other's eyes for long moments. Mr. M began to speak trying to break the atmosphere.

"Give them some space."

"Fine." He let out a sigh and back off. Mr. M continued talking this time to Ray and I.

"Have a seat..." Mr. T interrupted.

"They can leave we can continue our talk without extra ears listening."

"Okay, Ray and Alice please see yourselves out." Ray and I didn't speak we both nodded in agreement and walked out. When the door shut I let go of Ray's hand.

"I'm so glad that is over." Letting out a long sigh I couldn't bring my eyes up to meet Ray's gaze, still I had the feeling he was looking at me.

"Why? Was it exhausting or too much acting for you to handle?" There is no way I could tell Ray it was hard for me to sit that close to him, that would just be too embarrassing. The way he said that hit a nerve, I can handle it I just don't want to.

"I can handle it."

"Liar."

"Am I the liar here?" I used a sarcastic tone and empathized the word liar. He was the one lying he couldn't handle it, I could have lasted way longer than him.

"You are the liar, there is no way you could have handled another moment in there." There he goes again using the words couldn't handle, I'm not some child how dare he talk to me like that. Does he want to start a fight?

"Don't say I can't handle things."

"But it is true."

"How would you know?" I lifted my head and his eyes were right on me like I thought they were. Before he answered I answered my own question. "You know nothing about me, so don't pretend like you know anything." He hit a nerve that made me snap, don't tell me what I can and can't do. He knows nothing about me so why does he pretend like he knows a lot.

The only response was silence. Since yesterday my mind has been in the past, the dream was also on my mind. Taking it out on Ray even though it wasn't his fault what am I thinking? I need to make up with him.

"Ray, I didn't..." He blatantly interrupted I clearly made him furious and hurt his feelings.

"I get it, I hear what you're saying." He pushed off the door and walked away.

What have I done? Taking my anger out on Ray when it wasn't his fault, why did I do that? I am such an idiot sometimes. I walked up to the roof and slammed the door behind me. Laying on the ground I looked up at the stars and the bright shining moon. Everything was serene out here, as always.