Chapter 16

"What are you doing up here?" Dolo appeared from nowhere I was used to it right now my mind couldn't care less about him appearing randomly.

"I screwed up, again." I let out a long sigh, I have never been the one to gossip or talk about my mess ups.

"Did you and your boyfriend get into a fight again?"

"He isn't my boyfriend."

"You two broke up?" He looked shocked.

"I never was dating him."

"Are you sure about that? You two are always holding hands, always with each other, you two are inseparable. Well that is except for right now."

"I already told you I am not dating Ray, so stop asking." Can he just leave me alone? It has been a long day even though I haven't seen the sun up in the sky for a while. Thinking of Ray was not something I wanted to do, but my mind kept drifting off and all I could think about was him. The only friend I had here hates me. Dolo interrupted my thoughts.

"I'll go on a walk with you to help clear your mind a little." I nodded, anywhere was better than here, sitting here where I sat with Ray only a while ago just made my feelings ache more.

We walked down the stairs, then reached outside. We walked along a dirt path near a heavy forested area, still on school grounds. My mind drifted off thinking about Ray, when I finally snapped out of it I realized I was off the path. I turned around all I could see were trees and bushes. Did I lose him? I must have wandered off when I was zoned out. As I walked in the forest that was more like a maze than anything else I found a little lake. There was a wooden bench that looked like it was made for two people, my mind flipped to Ray. Another shattered relationship, he probably hates me. I walked over to the bench it had a nice view of the lake, nothing could be more calming. The water wasn't as murky as I thought, I looked in the water and saw my reflection. Seeing it brought back memories of my family, I felt disgusted looking at my own reflection. Hiding the past from myself for all these years I finally could say it. Somewhere in my head I always knew the truth about my family but I never had the guts nor the state of mind to admit it.

The truth is, my mom and dad were human at one time. Something happened and it made them go and turn into vampires, for some reason they didn't turn me. I was a naïve child who just thought my parents didn't like sunlight. One day my parents were burned by sunlight I saw it all of it. Their bodies should have burned everything and everyone in it, but instead of that I had to live with both their deaths. Being the only survivor of that my family split away from me, in an attempt to reunite we went on a skiing trip. I was the only person in my entire family who was human, they all were either witch, werewolf, or vampire. They all were killed it was a bloody massacre. Mr. M and I both know that a few of my family escaped and are still alive. There is no way something like that could wipe out a family like mine. A crack of a branch snapped me out of my daydream.