Chapter 9

"Thanks for the help, bye." I ran through the doors of the school and towards the principal's office. Mr. M's office doors flew open as the bell rang. "Mr. M where is my first class? I don't have a schedule." He flailed a paper in the air.

"This is your schedule." I walked over cautiously and grabbed the paper from his hand putting it in my school bag.

"Thanks." I turned away about to walk out when my hand hit the door Mr. M spoke.

"Seems like the love birds are arguing."

"Shut up! I told you he is not my boyfriend."

"Miss. Alice you should treat your principal with respect. Telling me to shut up is not wise especially in your case. But I'll let it slide for now since you're stressed out. Letting your emotions control you is never smart. Also congratulations on your social event coming up on midnight."

"Mr. Principal. Do you stalk me all day? You seem to know everything that has happened or at least most of it."

"Just so you know Ray has been lying to you too." That hit a nerve.

"About what?"

"I never asked him to help you out in the morning he did that on his own. Maybe you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You're both full of lies, so go wear your mask like always do so perfectly."

"This mask I don't want to wear in front of Ray." I bit my tongue trying to not kill him where he sits.

"So what are you going to do?" A horrid look filled his face with a twisted smile. "Are you going to tell him what you are? Humans are prey to vampires. Ray is a vampire, a monster, right? Why would you show weakness to a monster? In a split second he could snap your little mortal body in half. Killing you and everything you stand for."

"Ray isn't like that. He is..."

"Not a monster like the rest? He is clearly a vampire, why you didn't die when he bit you. It is strange isn't it? That bite should have killed any human. What are you exactly? Has your entire life just a mask you didn't even know you were wearing? Is you pretending to be a vampire another mask on a mask?"

"I don't know..."

"Maybe you should tell Ray so he can snap your neck in half, I'll have to rethink all my plans but then maybe you will learn something while you are in an eternal slumber."

"Ray wouldn't snap my neck in half."

"Or would he? Do you know for sure? Maybe I should bring him in and see what he would do if he knew?"

"Stop it! You monster stop messing with my head." I turned to the door it wouldn't budge.

An announcement came on, "Ray come to the office immediately. Sorry for the interruption."

"You wouldn't Mr. Principal."

"Or would I?" The door opened and slammed behind him. He looked confused of why it shut so quickly. "Sorry about the door slamming shut I didn't want the little princess to escape."

"Shut up you idiot. I hate you let me out."

"Why am I here?" He asked calmly.

"Alice go ahead." Mr. M pointed at me.

"Don't even try principal you want him to kill me that badly. Why don't you do the honors so Ray can snap my neck in half? I'd rather have him kill me right now when he figures out."

Ray shouted, "What? I am not going to kill you Alice! What happened this morning was only a misunderstanding. Why would I ever want to kill you?"

"Go on principal tell him. My neck snapping in half in a split second is taking longer than I thought."