Chapter 29

"If I told you than you would be scared and hate me. Just stay away." Those words, just stay away, replayed in my head over and over again. They hurt more than the handcuffs by far. "Stay away? Fine I will just stay away in the corner farthest away." I spoke as I stood up but when I got up my legs gave way. In seconds Nick wrapped me in his arms and led me to the floor safely. "Please Alice don't fear me." His arms were so tight around me I almost felt secure. Suddenly I saw a tear sneak from his freezing eyes on to the floor. "I don't fear you." My words were sincere. Nick was not someone I was afraid of he is like family to me. "No matter what happens you will be my closest friend. I love you Alice, more than you even could understand." He hugged me even tighter. Slowly he let me escape his grasp and we sat next to each other. "Can you tell me why you are so beaten up now?" His hands clenched into a fist on the floor. "Tomorrow night is a full moon. You will be put in hell with me, your boyfriend, a witch, and an odite. Choose your fate and suffer the consequences of immortality.""What will I be and who will transform me?""If you pick my kind than I will do it. Painlessly and with no one around. Ray would transform you alone as well since he knows you well. The other two would do it in front of everyone.""What will happen if I refuse all of my options?""At that point I am sure grandpa would trap you in a room with at least one of us and wait till we got hungry and then transform you by force.""I'm in one hell of a predicament I guess no escaping this one.""Which one are you going to choose? I'm only wondering.""To be honest either vampire or werewolf at this point." I heard his heat skip a beat and start pounding out of his chest. "This isn't something you can escape from. They have everything so perfectly placed so no one is getting in or out of here until you are immortal. I wish I could help you in some way." "This is my problem not yours so chill out.""It is my problem. What if I have to change you? I would want you to be mine and I would want to do it of my own free will.""My will doesn't matter?" I let out a small laugh."I could go against your will you know." He turned his head towards me and sat so close that he was touching my now. "I guess now is better than ever to do this." He moved directly in front of me and leaned in to kiss me. His heart was pounding out of his chest. Breaking the kiss he talked quietly. "I'm sorry it just that I have been holding some things back and they are killing me. Just answer me honestly. Will you allow me to turn you into a werewolf?" The look in his eyes told me he was serious, the ice in his eyes froze me where I was. "I don't want to be anything right now.""Maybe I should just turn you now and have you all to myself forever as a werewolf." His hand passionately went up my arm until it reached my neck. His voice was low and almost scary."What if I choose to be a vampire and not a werewolf?""What if I accidentally scratch you or better yet bite you? Either of those would kill you in a few hours without some werewolf blood.""Stop it already I'm not playing around.""Neither am I, Alice." It's only a nightmare, nothing else. You'll wake up in your dorm and everything will be back to normal. The sad thing is that I don't think I will wake up nor would I want to."I still need some time to think please just leave me alone." I whispered just seeing the disappointment he wore on his face ate away at me."Fine." He stormed out of the room, clearly upset. Ray passed my cell I jumped up and ran after him. Since the door was left ajar it was easy when nothing got in the way. I tackled him from behind, he hit the ground a little harder than what I thought was good. In only seconds we switched positions he had his legs spread out to his sides over my waist, his hands were around my neck in a strange position. When he realized it was me who tackled him he lightened his grip on my neck but still had a hold of my neck and was holding me in place with his full body weight. "Alice what are you doing?" His tone was so distant and made me feel like I was alone talking to myself in this dark, ominous hallway."I have no clue. You just passed my cell and the door was left open so I charged up behind you and here we are." He let out a long heavy sigh. "I could have hurt you or even worse." He ran his fingers through his short, messy hair."Can you get off of me so we can talk normally?" Judging by his reaction he must have not even realized that he was on top of me. As he got off of me we both leaned on the boring, plain white wall across from each other. "How are you feeling today?""Fine, how about you?" Such a formal conversation starter makes for a formal conversation it seems."Worried." He paused looking at the ground then at me. His eyes looked directly at me as if he was trying to see though me to the other side of the wall. "Why are you worried?""I'm worried about you. Today is the day you have run out of time to run, now your fate is going to be decided whether you like it or not.""No point in worrying about something I can't control." At this point I just wanted to come on as being calm and not worried to ease him a bit. Bringing his stress down might help him out and lower his guard even just a little."Liar you are more worried than I am." He knows me too well to the point where it is kind of scary. "How would you know? Can you read my mind or something?""It is written all over your face and body language. You are scared out of your mind and don't know what to do. Something will happen to you and no matter what that won't change so you are trying to suck it up and deal with it. Acting cool won't help you at all." I only have been with him for a few minutes and he can read what has been passing my mind over the last few hours which felt like an eternity."Can you stop telling me obvious facts about my situation? Is there something wrong with being scared? My whole life is going to change and I can't do a damn thing about it. I don't even know what I want anymore all I know is one thing.""One thing?""Can't you see that with your mind reading powers?""I don't have mind reading powers." I need to change topics I can't do what I'm thinking right now. He would never agree to it, stop thinking about it.