Chapter 17

EMMA'S POV

Pain. That's all I felt. My back was in pain, my arms and legs were in pain and my ribs felt like they would brake at any sudden movement. My throat felt dry like I hadn't drunk in ages. What the hell happened?

Deciding to talk, bad decision, I asked, "How long have I been asleep for?" I didn't ask anyone in particular, my voice coming out horse and rough like I haven't used it for days, seeing how the room was occupied by Peter, David, Jess, Kristy, Lacy, Rosie, Lily and Jack. Wow, must be something big that I've woken up for all of them to be here.

"You were out for a few weeks hun." I felt my eyes widen at Lily's comment and instantly shot up. I soon regretted the discussion when pain rippled through my body making me groan and wince at the pain. I only groaned again realising that wincing hurt as well. Ugh! Why am I so fragile?!

"Whoa there sweetheart, lay down and don't move. Your body's still healing from all your injuries." Peter spoke up this time with a pained voice and glossy eyes. It pained me to know I had been the cause of his pain and everyone else's.

"Sorry." I apologised laying back down slowly with Peters help. God, I feel like I've been run over then hit multiple times.

"Don't be sorry! Now, do you need anything?" Kristy rushed out. I thought for a moment before I felt my throat dry up more.

"Water," was my simple reply and Kristy rushed out of the room only to return moments later with a big glass of water. I gulped it down greedily and was relieved of my thirst. My throat feeling a lot better now, I decided to ask what happened.

"What happened?" My simple question seemed to shock everyone into silence. They were all staring at me wide eyed and their mouths hanging open. What? What did say?

"You don't remember?" Jack asked with a curious face. Everyone still had that stunned expression on, even Peter. They were starting to worry me now.

"Are you guys ok?" At my question everyone seemed to snap out of it. They all glanced at Peter before he nodded his head once and made a move to get out of the room. I quickly grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. Neither me or my wolf wanted him to leave us alone. I knew there were others in the room, but without him I didn't feel whole.

"Sweetheart, I have to go other wise my anger will be to much to handle for my wolf. I'm just going to go for a run quickly. I promise I'll be back." His pained voice and pleading eyes made me reluctantly let him go. I watched him walk out the door and shut it behind him only to hear his wolfs pained howl moments later. It brought tears to my eyes knowing I was the cause of his pain. Couldn't I do anything right?

"Honey? You ok?" Lily asked with her soft voice while placing a hand on my arm. Nodding my head, David helped me up into a sitting position.

"So... What actually happened to me to end up here?" I asked curiously looking around the medic room. My mind was a bit fuzzy with being out of it for a few weeks. For the life of me, I couldn't recall a thing before I was captured by Damon. Which brings me to my next question.

"How did you guys rescue me?" I was beyond confused and I think that they all sensed it. For the first time, Rosie spoke up in an usually quiet voice for her.

"Peter, David and Jack found you unconscious in their basement. The whole pack went to rescue you, their alpha female. We were worried sick about you and... and..." That was all she got out before she burst out crying. Lacy escorted her out along with Jess, leaving Lily, Jack, David and Kristy. They all had sorrowful expressions on and were avoiding eye contact with me, looking anywhere and everywhere to avoid it.