Chapter 1

EMMA'S POV

Jumping from tree to tree, I made my way through the woods effortlessly. The way the breeze swept through my air and natural smell, made me relax slightly. This has been my life for 2 years now. Ever since my unforgettable and painful past, I have travelled the world in hopes of finding freedom.

No such luck.

Just to give you a quick background check, my names Emma Simis. I am now 18 years old and travelling the world. I have curly brown hair that reaches half way down my back with a few natural blonde highlights here and there. I have bright violet eyes that seem to shine and a pale complexion. I have a fairly slim body, not model material but not chubby either.

I am currently in Australia where my old pack, Midnight Moon, is. To describe the place in one word would be tropical. The Whitsunday's are lush and full of life. Unfortunately, it's pretty much in the middle of no where. It's the type of place where everyone knows each other and is one big happy family. For me, that's not the case. At all.

All this place does is bring back bad memories about my past and the pain it caused me.

Just so your not confused as hell at the moment, I'll enlighten you about my oh so wonderful past.

Every since the age of 11 I have been bullied by others who think they're better then me and everyone else. I used to believe this.

The main people who bullied me were the populars. This group consisting of my brother and future beta,Ryan, his best friend and future alpha, Peter, the schools slut, Amy and all the others that I didn't bother with learning there names. There all the same.

They're all sluts and manwhores who care about nobody else but themselves. They teased me and put me down to the point were I thought I would commit suicide. Thankfully though, I just ran away and become a rouge. After I thought about it a lot, I decided that running was a way to escape my problems and still live. Call me coward for running, but now I could care less.

Oh yeah, one more thing to mention, I'm Peters mate.

Yeah, I know. Who would ever guess that the bullied would be mated to the bully. Certainly not me!

Anyway, back to the present.

I'm currently out skirting the boarder of Midnight Moon territory, too scared to cross. I know to get to the next state I have to go though he territory. They're on the edge of Queensland and I want to get to New South Wales. I would usually run in wolf form but this is to risky.

Taking a deep breath, I crossed the boarder into the place that caused me so much pain and misery.

I tried to jump swiftly from branch to branch, from tree to tree, and tried to be as quiet as possible. Unfortunately, it was dark and even with my heightened senses, I couldn't properly see where I was going.

I had been travelling for at least 2 hours and still haven't hit the middle of the territory! Ugh, I forgot how big this place was. After all, it's the biggest and most powerful pack in all of Australia. And is run by a complete douche.

I decided to call it a night seeing how it's probably almost midnight. I settled on a high branch in an tree that was about 5 metres from the ground. Getting comfy, I couldn't help but think back to my past and recall all the horrible things THEY did to me.

*flashback* (age 15, grade 9)

I was walking back from English B to my locker when I started hearing THEIR voices.

"Hey Emma," Peter called. He didn't know I was his mate yet. "how's the teachers favourite guinea pig today? Still being fed carrots?" Carrots being work, the whole hallway erupted into laughter. Not being able to bear it anymore, I ran for my locker and threw all my books in. Ignoring all the laughing and calls of my name, I ran to the girls toilets to eat my lunch.

*end of flashback*

I shuddered and grimaced slightly at the memory and silently hoped that I wouldn't have nightmares now that I'm so close to where it all began. Of course, no such luck.

That was unfortunately one of the good memories. I will never ever recall the day that Peter rejected me as his mate. I spent to much of my life crying over it and it was just to much pain. This is the present not the past, and I'm not going to dwell in it. It always leads to pain and a broken heart.

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

Votes: 3

Comments: 2

Remember... It's in your hands!