Chapter 15

EMMA'S POV

Howls of pain and anguish filtered through the whole place. Even where I was, I could hear it loud and clear. I could hear the battle and wolves somewhere above me fighting for their lives.

I still haven't moved from my position when I was being whipped, I did collapse to the ground though because I couldn't hold myself up any longer.

So here I am. Lying on the cold stone floor on my stomach listening to a wars going on above my head.

I GUESS PETER REALLY DID COME FOR ME, I smiled at the thought.

Knowing that Peter, David, even my pack that have treated me like crap for so long have come for me, put my racing heart at ease. I knew then and there that they would do anything for me, even start a war.

'For goodness sakes, EMMA!' I heard Peters frantic and irritated voice in my mind.

'Peter', I whispered unable to make my voice go any louder. I was starting to feel dizzy and knew the blood loss was taking an effect on me.

'Emma! Thank god! Hold on we're coming. Where are you?' Peters frantic voice filled my mind again.

'B-basement' I barely managed to get out as I started to see black dots everywhere and my vision become blurry.

10 seconds later Peter, David and some other pack members barged in through the door braking it off its hinges in the process.

They all seemed to freeze when they saw the state I'm in. I must look like a mess with my hair everywhere, blood running down my skin, blood stained clothes and just lying on the floor as well.

"Hey," I managed to whisper in a horse voice as a wave of nausea swept over me. They all seemed to snap out of there little trance by the sound of my voice.

"Oh my god, Emma." Peter rushed forward and carefully picked me up. He had tears in his eyes. I gently placed my hand on his cheek and he leaned into it closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He turned his head and kissed my hand, even though it was covered in blood, and looked at me with pained eyes.

"Alpha, we need to get her out of here. It looks like she's lost a lot of blood." I recognised the pained voice as David.

"D-David?" I croaked out.

"Hey, hey. I'm here." He came into vision and placed a kiss on my sweaty forehead.

I grabbed a hold of his hand. "I l-love you b-both. Don't you e-ever f-for-forget that." I tried to take a deep breath but winced at the pain and effort it took. "I'm so t-tired," I mumbled burying my face in Peters chest.

"No Emma stay awake. Come on please stay awake." Peter pleaded as I felt wind against my body. I realised we must be moving and snuggled closer into Peters chest.

"I-I'm so s-sorry" I got out before everything went black.

PETERS POV

"I-I'm so s-sorry," Emma mumbled before she went limp in my arms.

I pushed myself harder to get to the pack house running faster in my human form than the wolves that were surrounding me.

"MARY!" I barged through the door using every bit of my alpha tone to get her down here as fast as possible. She stumbled down the steps and gasped as her eyes landed on the girl in my arms.

She rushed me into the medic room and I gently placed Emma on the bed.

"I'm here, I'm here!" David ran in panting heavily stark naked. "Man you can run fast in human form."

"Pepper!" Mary yelled ignoring David and in seconds a girl who couldn't be older than 17 ran into the room. She took one look at Emma and immediately started to cut off her pants and Mary started to plug machines into her.

"I'm going to need everyone to get out!" Mary yelled. I hadn't even noticed that half my pack were now in the tiny medic room. Everyone started filing out murmuring stuff to each other but me and David.

Mary sighed, "You guys to."

"Like hell I'm leaving!" I growled. I felt a hand being put on my shoulder and found it to be David's. He nodded at me and walked out of the room. I stayed put refusing to leave my mate.

"Alpha, if you don't leave your instinct will be to kill me for what I'm about to do to your mate." I looked at Mary and sighed. I gave her a warning look that said 'Don't you dare mess up' and left the room.

I slid down the wall opposite to the door with my head in my hands. David went down stairs, now with pants, to Jess. I guess to be comforted. I felt a pang of jealously in my heart that he had his mate and I didn't.

Please make it Emma. I can't live without you.

***

4 hours.

4 hopelessly painful hours not knowing if my mate will live or not. 4 torturous hours where all I've heard is Mary and Pepper moving around in the room trying to save my mates life.

Thinking back to when I barged into the room of the basement, I did not expect what I saw. Sure maybe a few bruises and possibly chained to a wall, but not that.

She was bruised and cut all over with 6 whip lashes across her back. Her skin was torn and she was bleeding so bad. Her clothes and hair were stained and sprawled all over the place. I tore my heart in two to know that my mate, my beautiful amazingly strong mate, has suffered through such a tortuous time.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the door opened and a grim looking Mary came out. Her eyes were pained and tired and I immediately assumed the worse.

"Oh god no! Please! She can't be!" I yelled at her getting up.

"Relax alpha. She's not dead, she's stable and alive." I relaxed at Mary's words and slumped against the wall closing my eyes. I breathed a sigh of relief. SHE WASN'T DEAD. SHE WASN'T DEAD... I kept repeating to myself.

"Can I see her?" I asked quietly, hope in my voice. Mary nodded and stepped aside calling out to Pepper so I can be alone with my mate.

I walked into the medic room and closed the door behind me. What I saw next broke my heart.

Emma, my Emma, was lying on the bed with a heart monitor and IV hooked up to her. She was still unconscious and as pale as a ghost. She also looked like she had lost a few kilos. Her lips were still the same red though. This made me smile.

Emma had been through so much and she was still strong, caring, loving and able to endure so much pain and not show it. That takes true courage and strength. I'm proud to call her my mate.

I sat down on the chair beside the bed and grabbed her cold, small hand in my large warm one. "Hey," I said softly. She didn't answer as I didn't expect her to.

"I found you. You were battered and broken but I found you. I've lost you twice now Emma. Twice. Do you know how depressing that is? To know that I was the cause that you left? It hurts me so much everyday to just look at you. To just touch and listen to your beautiful voice. Your a gift from an angel Emma and you deserve to be treated like one." I had tears in my eyes as I stared down at my mate. I choked on a sob and placed my head on the bed still holding her hand.

I let it all out, all the sorrow, pain, anguish, everything I felt I let out. I composed myself before speaking again with determination. "When you wake up I'm going to be the best mate in the world. Whatever you want, I'll get. Whatever you ask for, I'll make it happen. Whatever you wish for, I'll make it come true." I got up from the chair, placed a soft kiss on her lips and walked out the door.

I went down the hall to Emma's room and locked the door behind me. I laid myself gently down on her bed and inhaled her wonderful scent. It calmed me and my wolf down and I fell blissfully to sleep with one thought on my mind, Emma.