Chapter 12

EMMA'S POV

It's been a total of 2 weeks since I've known of the Redblood Pack entering our territory. I was constantly guarded by three wolves who were all trained. One of the three was Eric. I was thankful for this.

Eric and I had become great friends over the past few weeks since we spend so much time together. I felt bad for taking him away from Lacy but he just said its an honour to protect me. I scoffed, 'Yeah right!'

Peter was constantly by my side at every chance he got and if he wasn't then he was with his dad discussing battle plans. Yes people's, they're preparing for war. No matter how many times I tell them it's a stupid idea, they just won't listen! It's like talking to a bunch of toddlers that are on a sugar high. Hopeless!

I haven't seen David around lately but I'm meeting up with him later today. Wow, it feels like I haven't seen my brother in ages!

The sound of a knock at the door had me jumping to my feet. That should be David! I ran to open it but was stopped by a hand around my upper arm yanking me back.

"Whoa there. Where do you think your going?" Eric asked.

"To get the door." I stated in a duh voice.

"What if its someone else? What if they had a gun? What if-"

"Okay I get the point!" I snapped. "A lot of 'what ifs', now stop talking and get the bloody door!" My patience running low.

Eric just laughed at me and did a mock salute. He marched to the door like a soldier and held his shoulders back. With a stern face on showing no humour he yanked the door open and proceeded to yell, "Name and business sir!" I couldn't help it, I cracked up laughing. Eric grinned at me and opened the door wider so whoever was at the door could came in.

I didn't see who it was at first because I was laughing so hard tears were coming out my eyes and I had to put my hands on my knees for support. "That... was... priceless!" I explained through gasps.

"Glad YOU think so! I almost had a heart attack!" I instantly recognised the voice as David's and launched at him. He was surprised by my approach and stumbled a bit, but hugged me back anyway.

"Hey," he whispered in my ear softly. I missed him so much.

"Hey," I whispered back. All my guards had left the room to give us some alone time. Even Eric.

We made our way onto the back porch and we both sat on the grass.

"So what have you been doing lately?" David asked curiously.

"Oh, you know. Waiting for something to jump out at me and kill me. Being scared out of my socks by the smallest sound. Have three body guards following me everywhere. Missing my big brother. The usual" I told him listing them off on my fingers.

"I'm sorry, I've been tied down lately." He sighed but then a smile came across his features.

"What?"

"Nothing" he insisted shaking his head.

"No! You have to tell me now! Im all curious! Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, ple-"

"Fine! Just stop saying please! It's so annoying!" He said laughing at my childishness.

"So..." I urged him on with wide eyes and s bug smile. I wanted to know what made him smile like that.

"I found my mate" his eyes were literally glowing with happiness. I shrieked and lunged for him again pulling him into a hug.

"Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell me?! You know what, never mind! Oh my gosh! What's her name? What's she like? Can I meet her? Oh! We could be friends! Eeeh, I'm so happy for you!" My brother laughed at my girly outburst.

"Of course you can meet her. Not today because she's at her old pack sorting some stuff out, but defiantly when she comes back." He told me excitedly. "Her names Jessica, Jess for short."

I like times like this when my brother and I are just like little kids. We get each other and may always get annoyed at one another, but I love him.

"I'm going to head home, ok?" He told me standing up.

"Ok. See you around" I winked at him. He laughed and waved before he left.

Man, I love my brother.

I realised I was all alone now and got an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

IT'S FINE, I told myself. ERIC WILL BE HERE SOON TO PROTECT YOU. STOP WORRYING.

I went to get up but I heard a snap freezing me in place. I heard another one and soon enough about 5 rouges emerged out of the trees.

I jumped up to a standing position and started to back away. Apparently they had other plans, they started moving forward as well.

I was backed up against the outside wall now with them still advancing on me. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I was frozen in fear. If it was anyone else I would have fought back, but these guys are different.

"Well if it isn't little helpless Emma." Came an all to familiar voice that sent chills down my spine. "How's life?" Damon asked with an evil smirk.

"W-what are you d-doing here?" My voice came out a lot weaker than I had hoped.

"Well hello to you to." He said with the same evil smirk. I tried not to but the whimper that came out my mouth escaped on its own accord. His smirk grew wider. "I've come back to get you and take you home with me. Now we can do this the hard way or the easy way. You choose."

I stood stick still looking everywhere and anywhere to see if their was any form of escape. With my luck though, of course, there wasn't.

Taking a chance, I sprinted to the door and was about to yank it open when I felt a needle jabbed into my neck with more force than needed. I screamed out in pain and fell to the floor hitting my head and feeling my body go numb.

"I guess it's the hard way then" I heard Damon say but it was only a faint whisper. It seemed so far away.

I didn't want to give in to the darkness. Not yet, someone might come for me. I saw a dark figure come up to me and speak in my ear. "Give in."

That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.