Chapter 2

EMMA'S POV

I was woken by rustling leaves and loud thumps on the ground. My eyes shot open now very aware someone or someone's near. This was not good.

I looked down from my branch to see about 5 large wolves patrolling and keeping an eye out. One I recognised immediately as none other than Peter the big bad, but sexy as hell, alpha.

They seemed to have stopped somewhere near my tree and they also looked liked they had a scent. Double not good!

I saw Peter shake his head like he was trying to get rid of something. Hmm, wonder what? The the next thing I know, he rammed at the tree sending me falling from my branch.

I let out a high pitched squeak and landed with a very loud thump face down on the floor. "Ugh, god, couldn't have just asked me to get down could ya? You had to just ram at the tree and make me fall out." I let out a huff while standing.

By this time I, of course, had the attention of all 5 wolves. They seemed to be in shock so I took the opportunity. I shifted on the spot, ripping my clothes in the process, into my snow white wolf and sprinted for dear life. They seemed to have figured out what I was doing and ran after me.

I dodged trees and branches as best I could and ran as fast my legs could take me. Apparently that was fast because the only one on my tail now was Peter. Stupid alpha speed, I thought.

Up ahead was a clearing with a little river half way through it. I for a fact knew that the river was wide and deep and I knew I wouldn't be able to jump or cross it.

I was about to take a sharp right to go around the river, when I felt a heavy weight on my back making me collapse to the ground.

Peter growled at me to give in and I knew I had to accept. This was one I wasn't going to get out of easily. I growled back so he knew I backed down and he got off me.

We stared at each other for a moment admiring each others wolves. His wolf was pitch black and shone like silk in the sunlight. His eyes were a striking silver that I seemed to get lost in still after all this time. My wolf purred in contentment at the site of her mate.

Peter was the first one to snap out of it and backed away to shift behind a tree. He came back wearing a pair of grey sweats and, without a word, chucked me a very oversized shirt and some boxers.

I went behind a tree to shift and came back out wearing the shirt and boxers.

I have to say, still to this day, he looked good. His hair was still the same dirty blonde that I remember and his eyes still the smoky grey. Without a shirt on, his eight pack (yes people's, eight pack) was showing and amazingly sexy defined muscles. His face still had that strong look to it and just to sum it all up in one word, he looked SEXY!!!

When I finally met his eyes again he was smirking a very sexy smirk at me. "Like what you see?" Ugh, i still see he's a total douche bag.

"Nothing that's interesting and trust me... I've seen way better" It was my turn to smirk this time. Of course I absolutely loved what I saw but I would never tell him that.

"Well I wish I could say the same for you, but I would be lying sweetheart" he smirked another sexy smirk back at me. I shivered at the nickname he gave me and his smirk grew wider. It sounded so right, just rolling off his tongue and that pissed me off.

"Well I'm not lying so cut the crap and hurry up and tell me when I can leave." I hissed back at him pissed off that he saw the effect he had in me.

He did a full on laugh at my comment but I stayed glaring at him with so much hatred I could feel it burning inside me.

"Oh, sweetheart, you have defiantly changed. You'll be pleased to know that you won't be leaving anytime soon" and once again he smirked. The same sexy one. Ugh! This is so annoying, and that smirk is just adding to my anger.