Chapter 11

PETERS POV

I groaned waking up to my alarm clock. It was 5:30am but I had to get to my dads office by 6:30am.

"Peter?" My sweethearts voice was laced with sleep and she didn't even open her eyes.

"It's ok sweetheart, go back to sleep." I soon heard her breathing become deeper telling me she was back asleep.

It kills me when I have to leave her alone, hence why I have Eric. I heard he found his mate a few days ago. Lacy I believe. She's a nice girl, he should have fun protecting her. I laughed at that thought.

I got changed into some jeans and a navy blue shirt. What? I'm not going to dress all formal to see my dad. If he doesn't like it, tough shit.

Downstairs, I was greeted by Eric eating a bowl of coco pops. "Eric" I did a slight node to gesture him.

He obviously didn't notice me come in because he jumped in surprise. "Alpha Peter" he greeted me with a bow of his head respectfully.

Getting the nutri-grain I asked, "So you found your mate a few days ago?" My question brought an instant smile to his lips.

"Yeah, I did."

"I also heard you left my mate and your role to go 'have fun' with her," I put air quotes on have fun and looked him square in the eye. He looked to the floor shuffling on his feet nervously. "Care to explain?"

"Well um... the Luna had some friends over and um... I recognised one as my mate and... Uhhh... The Luna practically shoved us out the door when she figured it out. I tried to stay but, man she's strong. She literally slammed the door in our faces. I'm sorry for the mistake and it won't happen again." He still had his head down and was now ringing his fingers together.

I laughed at how he explained it. Eric looked up in shock. "You're not mad?"

"No of course not! You'll learn never to fight with my mate, she'll always win. Just ask her brother." I laughed lightly remembering that thought. "Well I'll be going now. Just don't let it happen again." I gave him a stern look like I was scolding a small child.

"Yes alpha"

"Oh, and just a heads up, never say she's wrong. Even though she wrong she's right and if she's right then, for the love of God, don't disagree with her." I left a very confused Eric in the kitchen.

I headed to my black Lamborghini and started to drive to my parents house. I pulled up within a matter of minutes and was greeted by silence.

'THE USUAL' I thought. Dad was probably locked up in his office and mum was almost certainly still sleeping or cooking breaky for dad.

There house was nice, only a few minutes drive from the pack house. It was a cottage type thing that was made of logs. If you picture that house out of 'Open Season', the scary dudes house, you'll get the picture. It wasn't very big, just big enough for the two of them.

I entered the house and went straight to my dads office. I knocked once and heard the same muffled voice as all the other days. "Come in."

I sat on the same black leather chair and looked at my dad.

"They came in closer yesterday." He told me not looking up from his papers.

"How? We changed the patrol routes again and they've still gotten past! How is that even possible?!" This was unbelievable. We are the strongest and largest pack in all of Australia. Why did they come here and how do they keep getting through our boarders undetected?

"I don't know, but we need to find out." My dad finally looked up to meet my eyes. They looked tired and full of stress. If I didn't know any better I would say my dad was 50 instead of 35. "Have we had anything taken into our possession that may have belonged to the rouges?"