Chapter 16

PETERS POV

It's been 2 weeks since the war against the Redblood Pack and the Midnight Moon Pack and Emma still hasn't woken up. Mary says that she's healthy and regaining her strength for her wolf. Apparently that's the reason she hasn't woken up yet, I'm still worried though.

She's still a little pale but has more colour in her face then when I found her. With her wolf regaining strength, her human form is also regaining the strength it lost. Bloody bastards drugged her so she wouldn't turn wolf on them. Cowards.

My wolfs been going crazy worrying about his mate and the only thing that can calm him down is being in her room and inhaling her scent. It seems like the only place I've slept is in Emma's room. Sad, I know.

I haven't left Emma's side once unless it was for pack business or sleeping. So for the two weeks she's been out, I've been here most of the time. I haven't eaten or drunk anything unless it was brought to me and even then I hardly touched it. I never willingly get up and move away from Emma, I just couldn't bring myself to.

She was like an angel sleeping and you never would've guessed what bad things had happened to her by looking at her now. Who knows what else she faced while being a rouge. I still can't forget that day. We searched hour after hour, day after day, week after week. We never found her though. I would've never found her if she didn't cross into my territory. I was so happy that she did though.

I couldn't help but think what if I had just accepted her first and not have rejected her? What if I had kissed her the day I found out she was my mate? What if I had swallowed my pride and faced the fact that my mate was more important? I tell you what... None of this. We could've been a happily mated couple with maybe even a child on the way, but no. I had go and mess everything up. Stupid!

I tightened the grip I had on Emma's hand and looked at her peaceful sleeping form. Sighing, I knew she would yell at me for thinking like this but I couldn't help it. I was all my fault and I knew it.

I was pulled back to reality when David, Jess, Eric, Lacy, Rosie, Kristy and my mum and dad walked into the medic room. I looked at each of them and gave them a small smile before looking back at Emma.

They were all quiet for a while before David spoke up. "Mate, you need to run. Your wolf needs to let everything out and relax for a bit."

"My wolf and I will relax when we know our mate is safe." I answered still not taking my eyes off of Emma.

"Pete," Kristy spoke up this time using my nickname, "you know she's safe here. She's stable and her body and wolf is just building there strength back up. Just come run for a bit please. We're all worried about you, the pack is worried that their alpha is... well... giving up on them."

I snapped my head up to glare at my sister. "I would never give up on my pack or my mate. I sit here everyday knowing that she might wake up but still can't help and be worried she won't. It's been two weeks and she still hasn't even moved an inch. The only thing telling me she's alive I that bloody annoying beeping and the moving of her chest. Do you know how much it kills me to leave her? I just can't. I want to be here when she wakes up and tell her everything will be ok. I can't do that if in go for a run."

"Honey, she will be ok and you'll be here when she wakes up. Please honey, we're so worried about you." My mum all but pleaded with me.

I looked into each of there eyes and saw mixed emotions in each. Sorrow, pity, annoyance, and the last one, worry. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I sighed. I wasn't going to win this. "Fine, but only a quick run. I coming back straight after though." I said pointing at each of them, specifically my mum.

They all beamed at me and went to the back yard to wait for me. I kissed Emma on the forehead. "I won't be long, I promise." I left her sleeping form and headed to the back yard.

I already saw that everyone had shifted. I went behind a tree and took my clothes off shifting into my midnight black wolf.

It felt good to be in wolf form and I felt my wolf stretch out and yelp in delight at being out. Uh, guess he was feeling the need to be let out.

I led the run and was soon lost in the joy of it. The trees and woods a blur as I ran past at a ridiculous pace with everyone trailing behind me in a huddle like thing. My mum was in the middle and my dad beside her on her right. David was on her left and in front of David was Jess. Beside Jess was Rosie, whole as in front of Lacy and finally, Eric was at the far back looking around and keeping an eye out for danger or a certain threat.

I felt so at peace running in my wolf form that I completely forgot about Emma for a few short moments. I just enjoyed the wind on my fur and the thrill of the run.

I didn't even notice the time fly by and pretty soon it was dark out. We all ran back to the pack house and shifted pulling on our clothes.

"See my boy," my dad slapped me on the back, "wasn't that relieving. You let your wolf go and now he's a bit less stressed isn't he?" I reluctantly nodded because, unfortunately, he was right. My wolf felt at ease a bit for the first time in ages.

"Gotta go!" I yelled over my shoulder as I was already through the back door heading to Emma.

I got in and saw that nothing had changed. The same annoyingly aggravating beep, same sleeping Emma, silence. I sighed. I just hope she wakes up soon.

I sat beside her grabbing her hand in mine suddenly feeling guilty that I wasn't here with her for most of the day. Her hand was warmer now and fit perfectly into mine. I really did love this girl. This beautiful girl that I didn't deserve one bit after what I put her through. Why did I ever let her go?

I spent a few hours with emma just staring at her before I realised it was getting late and headed for her room for some sleep. Before I was out the door though, I heard movement from behind me.

I turned around so fast I was surprised I didn't get whiplash. I darted back to Emma's side and grabbed a hold of her hand squeezing it slightly. "Come on Emma, wake up. You can do it. Wake up." I whispered quietly to her for encouragement.

She started to mumble and I felt her squeeze my hand slightly. "MARY!" I yelled overcome with joy that Emma, my beautiful mate, was finally waking up after so long.

She slowly opened her eyelids and I saw that familiar violet that I so easily get lost in and could just stare at for days on end.

"Peter?"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Gonna be updating every 2 days or so, so keep an eye out! Haha

Love ya

Violet