Wasting Time (Part 7)

Relationship: Dean/Reader

Word Count: 946

Summary: After the incident with Bloody Mary, Dean decides it's time to tell Sam. Time to tell Sam about what he did during the two and a half years Sam was away at Stanford and Dean wasn't hunting with John. Time to tell Sam about what they both had in common with their father.

A/N: I'm spitting this story out as fast as I can! But I'm also taking my time so that y'all have some quality stuff to read! This fic can also be found on AO3 under the usernamepadalelli

~Jordan

January 24th, 2002

Dean woke up to the smell of cinnamon and apples. He tossed the comforter aside and jumped up off the bed, quickly pulling some pants on before going to the kitchen. "Hey there sleepyhead," you said, sipping on a cup of coffee at the kitchen bar. "Happy birthday," you told him with a smile.

He walked over to you and wrapped his arms around your waist from behind. "What time is it?" he mumbled.

"Almost eleven. But it's your birthday so I thought I'd let you get some sleep," you told him.

"Yeah, well maybe I would've woken up earlier if someone hadn't kept me up all night," he said huskily, nibbling your ear.

"Hey, it takes two to tango," you mocked him.

Dean let go of you and you spun around on the stool to face him. "How am I supposed to say no when you keep giving me those bedroom eyes?" He brushed a hair behind your ear, his hand lingering on your cheek. "Those big beautiful eyes of yours... I could look at them for days and not give a damn what I missed." You gave him a soft smile. A few moments of comfortable silence passed until he asked, "What's that smell?"

You chuckled. "I've got an apple pie in the oven. I figured as long as you're asleep and I'm not I might as well be productive," you said. Dean snickered, shaking his head. "What?"

"Four months and you're already baking me pies," he said happily.

"Yeah, well." You poked him in the chest. "Don't get used to it, Winchester."

"Come on, I have you wrapped around my finger and you know it," Dean said.

You gently pushed him away so you could get off the stool and go over to the fridge. "That's what you think, but really, I've got you right where I want you. Now, do you want some breakfast?" You grabbed some eggs, bacon, and milk from the fridge.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks babe," Dean replied.

You smirked. "Alright, here you go. Make it yourself," you said as you set everything down on the counter in front of him.

You turned around and headed in the direction of the living room when Dean followed you, grabbed your wrist, spun you around, and pulled you into him. "Where do you think you're going?" he murmured huskily.

You giggled and he kissed you before you could respond. "I was just going to get your birthday present," you said between kisses, smiling.

"Oh yeah?" Kiss.

"Yeah." Kiss.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and he lifted you up by the waist, holding you up against him by the back of your thighs. "How did I get so lucky?" Dean whispered as he carried you over to the couch.

You shook your head. "Oh, I don't know, maybe it's all because you wasted time questioning those witnesses so that we met when we did," you said teasingly.

"Who's the one wasting time now?" Dean asked as he laid you down, planting kisses all across your collarbone.

You moaned blissfully and god if it didn't take Dean everything he had not to take you right then and there. "Still you," you said breathlessly, giggling when he tickled your sides. "Dean stop!" you laughed. "Stop, please, baby stop," you said, more calmly when you grabbed at his hands.

Dean hovered over you with his hands on the couch on either side of your waist. "I love you," he murmured.

You smiled. "Why do you say that so much?" you asked.

"What? I don't say it that much," he scoffed.

"But... you say it. That's more than any other hunter ever would."

"Well, then I guess it's a good thing I'm not a hunter." Dean saw the slight pain in your eyes when you reached up and cupped his cheek. One corner of your mouth lifted up in a soft smile, but only momentarily. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" he asked gently.

You pulled him down to you and buried your head in his neck, trying not to lose your resolve. "My story," you told him, your voice fragile."

"You don't have to tell me," he murmured, trying to keep his weight off you.

"But I do. I have to tell you sometime," you said.

Dean wrapped his arms around you and nestled himself between your knees so that most of his weight was on the couch. He knew you liked the feeling of his weight on top of you, so he just rested that way, allowing you to curl into him. "It doesn't have to be today," he whispered.

You nodded and ran your fingers through his hair. "Sorry for ruining the morning," you mumbled.

"You didn't ruin anything," he argued. You sighed against him. He leaned up, looking into your eyes. "How about you go get my birthday present and I'll make us some breakfast?"

You smiled. "Okay," you said with a quiet voice. Dean got off the couch and helped you up, him going to the kitchen, and you going to the bedroom, where you had hidden his present. Dean only pulled out a few bowls, a couple skillets, and a couple plates when you came back with a small brown gift box that could fit in Dean's palm. He turned around and you placed it in his hand. "Happy birthday." Dean looked down at the box and opened it, carefully removing what was inside. "It's for protection," you said as he held up the tibetan skull bracelet. "I know jewelry is kind of girly, but I thought-"

"I love it," Dean murmured as he stared at the bracelet, mesmerized.

*Make sure you guys are helping out as much as you can. Please give Jordan some encouragement in the comments.*