New Year's Day

Author: Miranda

Summary- Basically a sequel to Nicotine. Jullia struggles with controlling her werewolf powers and Dean shows up after years of not seeing her.

A/N: The SPN comes near the end so don't get disappointed about the beginning. I love creating these and I am wondering why I haven't done more of them. Geez. Also, get the tissues ready my friend.

Pairing: None

Warnings: Character Death

Word Count: 2,906

*Five years after the events of Nicotine.*

All the graves of the ones remembered in a desert we call home
All the slaves of the cold December find a voice to call their own
Stand up we are united in the eyes of the greatest storm
Line up we are ignited, this world will be reborn in...

It's been a few years since I left Dean for who he was and headed to Los Angeles with Ashley. It had actually been a liberating experience.That and without Dean, I may have never made it to Los Angeles. So, technically, that fight was probably destined to happen. Or it was, as I had chosen to believe.

My aunt called me one day, saying that my dad had committed suicide right after he had found out that I had run away. But, she speculated that he was killed by hunters and told me to keep my eyes open for the Winchester brothers. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I hadn't seen them in a little over five years. I didn't even tell her that I had even met the brothers. But, I felt as though I needed to protect my past, hide it from others, not talk about it ever. Not to anyone.

I had felt a pang of homesickness every once in awhile, but I always pushed it off and put on a brave face for the guys, who had become like my best friends and brothers. Especially CC, who was very near and dear to my heart. I had also kept my powers hidden from them, which was terrifyingly had and they had been getting a little suspicious especially Ashley, who just wasn't a best friend, but now my boyfriend of three years.

~

"Babe, you okay? You look a little green in the face." Ash asked one day while the band sat around watching movies. It was Andy's turn meaning we were watching Batman. Ashley decided to pop in a Hello Kitty movie, which was part torture, part fun.

"I'm fine, just too much candy I guess." I dismissed. It was close to the full moon and I was definitely feeling the change coming on, not that it would be difficult to hide it from everybody. I've been doing this for years and hiding from thee band for even a lesser amount of years, yet they still haven't caught on. By much, as I said, Ash was suspicious. He was catching on, especially since I had ripped up so many sets of sheets since I got here.

"Really, are you sure?" He asked once again and I nodded, snuggling closer into his chest. There was a really bad, early December blizzard going on outside and that's how movie day got it's start.

We wouldn't be getting out anytime soon. The news said that we could be getting up to three more feet tonight. So, what they were really saying was that we were going to be stuck here for awhile. As long as I was with my friends though, I was perfectly fine.

"I wonder what's up with Dean now-a-days." I said aloud, not really having a filter tonight. The boys looked at me, eyes wide in surprise as I hadn't mentioned him in about two years.

"I don't know, you should call him." CC chimed in, smiling like a goofball. He always light up the room and always, without fail, kept me smiling around him.

"I don't have his number dumbass." I said jokingly, punching the air as if to punch CC's arm. He smiled even wider and Andy chuckled at our antics.