Chapter 41

Leah in MM

Mell POV

I was sitting in my car, waiting for Jasmine to walk down the school steps.

I blew the smoke out my mouth as I watched the other students walking on their bus. I'm glad I don't have to ride that shit ever again.

"Why does Jasmine always take her time walking out this fucking building ?"

"Aye, don't talk about bae like that.", Josiah said, "Her fine ass can take all the time she-"

"Get the fuck out. Take your ass out my car and catch that last bus or try to catch your sister."

"Chill out and take a joke."

I put the blunt back to my lips and spotted and Jasmine walking down the steps with Leah.

"Who's that ?", Josiah asked.

"Leah."

I watched as Jasmine gave her a hug and I passed the blunt to Josiah before unlocking the door for Jasmine. They exchanged numbers before Jasmine came walking towards us.

I was curious to know how Jasmine knew Leah. They looked like good friends, for them to be exchanging numbers already.

Josiah passed me back the blunt and I held it between my lips, reaching over to get the door for Jasmine.

She scrunched up her face from all the smoke flowing out of car. She fanned her hands as she got inside.

"Really Mell ?"

"You were taking long.", I blew the smoke from my nose before putting it out, "Like always.", I mumbled.

I backed the car out of the lot and sped out towards the highway.

"What was that ?", She asked.

"Nothing Baby."

"I think I recall him saying 'like always'.", Josiah said.

"I think I heard that too Josiah."

I slammed on brakes, hearing his head hit the back of my seat, before proceeding with my driving.

"Mell what the hell ?!", Jasmine yelled.

"You could've killed my ass !", Josiah said.

"Wear a seatbelt."

He kissed his teeth and I smirked in satisfaction.

"Bitch.", I heard Josiah said.

"So Josiah, how are you and Shai ?"

"We're good. Well, I should speak for myself because Shai is hiding something and I know she is."

"How do you know ?", I asked, "And what would she be hiding ?"

"Because that's my sister, I know nigga. I asked her about it some days ago and she started buggin."

"Maybe she just needs some time by herself. She'll open up to you when she's ready.", Jasmine said.