Chapter 8

Mell POV

After I finished brushing my teeth I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. I walked to the refrigerator and stood there, deciding on whether I wanted waffles or cereal.

It requires a lot of work for both but waffles sounds less stressful to do, so waffles it is.

I opened the freezer and took the box of waffles out.

"Can you microwave me some ?"

I turned around and saw London pulled herself up at the bar.

"Good morning to you too, but why microwave ?"

"Morning, but I love mines nice and soft."

I put my waffles in the toaster as I got a plate for London's.

"That's weird and disgusted."

I pressed the buttons and turned around so I was facing her.

"So why are you up so early ?", She asked.

"I'm used to my school schedule."

If it wasn't for this school schedule then my sleep routine but would be totally different. I would actually be asleep right now, not eating waffles at 8:03 in the morning.

I took my waffles out the toaster and and sat them on my plate before getting London's waffles out the microwave.

I grabbed both our plates and sat them on the bar table. I pulled the stool back before sitting on it.

"Why didn't you grab the syrup ?", She asked me.

"You grab it ! I did enough already."

"It's right next to you Mell !"

I looked over and laughed a little before grabbing the syrup, "My bad."

My phone started ringing and I passed the syrup to London before answering it.

"Hello ?"

"Hey Mell.", Tamia said, "Do you think you can come pick me up from work ? I'm not really feeling well."

"Alright, I'm on my way."

I hung up and slipped my phone into my pocket.

"Guess I'll just have to save the waffles later."

I stood up and went to grab my keys off the hook.

"Where are you going ?"

"To pick up Tamia, tell mom or Tyler that I left."

I opened the front door and closed it before walking to my car.
:::

I watched as Tamia walked towards the car and I reached across to open her door.

"You good ?", I asked.

She grabbed the seat belt and nodded. I waited till she closed the door before pulling off.

I would glance at Tamia every once in awhile while I was driving and it looked like she was getting worse.

Her eyes were closed but I could read her face expressions.

"Baby you good ?"

"Can you slow down please ?"

I drove slower and she sat up a bit, clutching her stomach, "That's not slow Mell."

"Tamia I'm going 40mph, how slower can I go ?"

She groaned, "Pull over."

"I can't pull over baby, there's a car right next to me."