Chapter 40

Mell POV

I didn't even feel like school today, to be honest. I just want to make things right with Jasmine and go on with life. But nooo, Tamia had to come up with this baby situation pushing all the shit that was going good for me back.

Speaking of Jasmine, she's been avoiding me all day. She wasn't even in class today and I know she's here today because I saw her earlier.

But on the brighter side, Shai and Josiah should be getting out today, well that's what I heard Tyler said. I hope it's true, cause shit has been a little boring and

The bell rang and I got all my stuff before walking out the classroom. I bumped into someone, making the person drop their belongings on the ground.

"My bad.", I said, helping pick up their stuff.

I handed the person their notebooks and textbook. I looked up and saw that it was a girl that I saw a couple times before, but never really payed her any attention.

"Thanks.", She said.

We both stood up and I held her textbook in my hand as she held her hand out.

"You sure you can carry all of this ?"

"I do need a little help, if you wouldn't mind."

"I don't. So what class are you heading to ?"

"I'm actually a little lost, I just transferred here.", She said, "I'm supposed to be heading to English 104 actually."

"Same direction. You have kind of an accent, so I'm guessing you're not from Cali."

I looked down at her and she smiled, "South Carolina actually."

"Not to be too personal, but what's the reason for your transfer ?"

"Mom thought it would be a better environment."

"You'll start to like and get used to it soon."

I nudged her arm as we finally arrived to her destination.

I handed her back her textbook, "I didn't get your name."

She looked up at me, "Leah."

"Mell."

There was a few seconds of silence and I put both hands in my pockets.

"Aren't you going to be late ?", She asked.

"I know a few people."

"Well I guess I'll see ya around. Bye Mell."

"Aight Leah."

I walked down the hallway and down towards the back exit. I'm just going to decide to skip this last period and dip out. Smoke a blunt, or two.

....

Shai POV

I stared up at the dull roof that my eyes just couldn't get enough of looking at.

I git little to no sleep, because of hearing screams all night. This place is doing something to me, and I can feel the little saneness slowly slipping away from me. I can't cry, yell, scream or lash out like I want to and it's driving me fucking crazy.