Chapter 35

Mell POV

"So are you and Zaria a thing now ?"

"I would say that."

I leaned more further back in my chair as I watched London and Tyler using different color chalk to draw on the driveway.

Snoop and I decided to chill on my porch because there wasn't shit else to do after school.

"I'm going to go make some sales real quick. Money is calling."

"Aight."

He gave me a dap before getting out of the chair and walking towards his car.

"Bye Snoop !", London yelled.

He waved at London and gave a head nod at Tyler.

I got up from my chair and grabbed my keys out of my pocket.

"We don't have a pet dog."

I laughed a little as I stared at the picture Tyler drew.

"No, I'm drawing a dog.", London said.

"Then who's that ?", I asked Tyler.

"That's your Mom."

I stopped laughing immediately and continued walking to my car.

I put my key in the ignition and waited till London and Tyler moved, before I backed out.

*****

I was walking down the snack aisle and already had five family size bags in my hand while I tried to stuff them in the buggy.

I stared at all the different snacks and decided to go get some ice cream.

You can never go wrong with ice cream. Especially the red velvet, that's the best ice cream invented. I need to thank the inventor of they ice cream. Saving lives and shit.

I opened the freezer door and grabbed the red velvet ice cream. Nah, I grabbed two more and threw them in the buggy.

I rolled my buggy to the checkout line and started to unpile the items.

I was unloading the bags in my car but I kept hearing the sound of a broken engine. I was ignoring it for a few seconds but it kept irritating me.

I could just drive off, but I want to at least help the person. I feel like doing a good deed.

I put the last bag in and closed the car door. I walked over and followed the sound of the car. I kept walking closer and I couldn't see the person face because the hood was up.

I watched as the car door open and the person stepped out.

I stopped in my tracks and stared straight at her.

"I- I was going to ask if you needed help."

"No.", She quickly said.

She walked past me and I reached out to grab her.

"Jasmi-"

"Don't !-", She let out a breath, "Don't touch me."

She slammed her hood down and walked back over to the drivers seat before sitting down. She cranked the car again but the unsuccessful sound of the engine roared.

She took her keys out and rested her head on the steering wheel.

"Jasmine let me take you home."

"I don't want to go with you."

"You're being a child."

She lift her head up, "You have not any room to talk about- I'm calling a cab."