Chapter One

(One Year Ago)

"I care about you, Saige." Logan said sternly as he stood in front of Saige outside in the rain. "I'm not letting you go through something like this alone."

"Why do you care about me? All I do is drive people away." Saige replied as she felt the tears pouring down her face.

"I'm still here!" Logan stepped closer to Saige and she backed up only to hit the fence behind her.

"You'll leave, everyone does." Saige looked down, not letting herself look at Logan, but he stepped even closer to her causing Saige to lift her head up.

"I've been here for the past four years. I'm not going anywhere." Saige closed her eyes as she felt Logan's hand gently cup the side of her face. "You don't push people away that you love." Saige's eyes immediately fluttered open at Logan's confession.

-------------

Saige lay on her side with just her blanket covering her. She looked up at Logan who rolled his head over and looked at her. A feeling washed over her as she took in everything that had happened; them fighting about people always leaving Saige, Logan saying he loved her, and then them having sex.

As if her body wanted it, Saige felt herself cuddle even closer to Logan and she put her hand on his stomach feeling her eyes get heavy.

Neither of them said anything as they lay in bed together. Her heart wanted more, and she needed more.

"Promise me something." Saige spoke but continued looking away from Logan.

"Anything." He replied, and this time Saige looked up at him.

"Don't leave me like everyone else." Logan gave her grin and pecked her lips

"Never."

(Present)

That night one year ago gave her everything she needed. Lying awake in her bed, Saige listened to the soft breathing coming from Logan as he slept on his side with his arm protectively over Saige's stomach. He was the one who was there for her while she was in the group home and his family helped her get on her feet after she was out at age eighteen. It wasn't until that night that she realized just how much she needed and loved Logan.

"You awake?" Logan asked causing Saige to look at him.

"Yeah, I can't sleep." Saige replied with a sigh. Saige felt Logan's thumb began to rub her stomach soothingly.

"What's wrong?" Logan's eyes opened, and he looked at Saige.

"Nothing, I just can't sleep." Logan then lifted the top half of his body and rested on his elbows. Just the look on Logan's face had the tears welling up in her eyes. She then sat up and let her legs dangle from the edge of the bed as she looked down at the floor. Saige felt the bed dip in behind her and she felt Logan sit behind her.

"You know I'm here for you." Logan spoke softly and rubbed her arm.

"I know." Saige replied in a soft voice.

"Talk to me."

"I've been thinking about everything. I don't know who my parents are, and I feel like I'll never know."

"You can always look for them. Even if you don't know them, you've got us...and Dusty." At the mention of his name, the 5-year-old tricolor Pitbull lifted his head from where he lay making Saige smile. Saige put her hands on Logan's knees as she just sat there calming herself down. She leaned back against Logan's chest and he placed a kiss to her neck. His arms wrapped around her in a gently and protective embrace just to comfort her.

"Why do you love me?" Saige asked completely out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" Logan asked as Saige turned around and the two sat in front of each other.

"Why me and not other girls? I don't have a family, I grew up in a group home. Why do you love me?" Logan licked his lips and chewed on the inside of his cheek.

"When I first saw you, I saw a really beautiful girl that needed someone in her life to help her. When I found out what you were going through, I wanted to help. I just fell in love you through that process."

"Why put so much time in someone like me?" Logan scooted even closer to Saige.

"Why are you questioning this?" Saige shrugged her shoulders and looked away. "I'm not mad. I just don't want you to think that I don't care. I do, more than you could ever know."

"I know." Saige sighed and walked out of the bedroom leaving Logan by himself. He followed shortly after to see Saige standing out on the balcony of her apartment. Logan slipped his zip up jacket on and walked out to stand beside her. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, Saige. I understand why you question everything. Just know that I'm not leaving." Saige turned to face Logan and stepped closer to him. His hands grasped the sides of her face and he kissed her causing Saige to put her hands on his sides. "I love you."

"I love you too."

(An hour later)

They two lay in bed with Logan's top half slightly hovering above Saige. Her hand rested on his side as she looked up at him. The look of pure love in his eyes always made her heart skip a beat. He leaned down and very passionately kissed her causing Saige's eyes to flutter close. His hand cupped the side of her face as he deepened the kiss.

"Stop me if I go too far." Logan mumbled to Saige. She wasn't going to stop him. This was going to be a first time in the year they've officially been together. Saige wanted this. She pulled on his elbow and this time he slowly rolled above her and kissed her once more. Saige's arms wrapped around his neck as she pulled him even closer, so their chests were touching. She flinched slightly when she felt Logan's hand on her stomach. "I won't hurt you." Saige let out a loud breath as Logan pulled her shirt over her head leaving her in just her underwear. The self-conscious feeling took over and she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Don't."

Saige uncrossed her arms and lifted her back, so her underwear could come off. She watched as Logan kicked his shorts off and tossed them somewhere behind him. He then pulled the blanket up over them and gently layed back down above her careful not to put all his weight on her. Logan's lips landed on hers again and her grip tightened on his sides as he slowly entered her. Sparks began to shoot through her body as she felt him pull out and push back in. Logan's hands then intertwined with hers beside her head as he planted kisses down her neck. She let out a soft moan as she felt his thrusts starting to pick up the pace. She then wrapped her arms around his shoulders as Logan looked down at her. He kissed her forehead and then wrapped his arms around her back holding her close to him as her arms wound around his back.

---------------------

It was 2:00 in the afternoon and the two were still lying bed. Saige felt the glow surrounding her body as she lay snuggled in Logan's chest. She could feel his hand rubbing her back and kissed his chest. Life was perfect right now. She had people in her life that cared about her and she was slowly feeling better about herself.

"Did I hurt you?" Logan looked down at Saige.

"No, it was amazing." Saige replied, and a smile played on Logan's face. He leaned down and he kissed her forehead. They were interrupted by the front door opening. Dusty shot out of the bed and raced down the stairs.

"Jake, stay in the front room!" Logan yelled as he got out of bed.

"Why, what are you doing?!" Jake yelled back as Logan closed the door. Saige giggled as she got some clothes on.

"Next time, let's refrain from giving your brother a key." Saige said as Logan pulled his shorts on. The two walked down the stairs to find Jake eating some of the left-over pizza. Saige snatched a piece from him. "Mine, thank you. Do you not have food at your house?"

"I do but your food is better." Jake replied with a mouth full of food and a smile on his face. Logan cleared his throat and both Jake and Saige looked over to see him leaning against the counter. "Did I interrupt something?" Saige said "no" and the same time Logan said "yes". Jake fake gagged and covered his mouth making Saige smile.