"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?" I nodded quickly and glanced at the boys. "So you know who it is?" He shook his head and leaned forward in his seat. "No, but I think it knew me."

"Well that's profoundly disturbing." He nodded and scoffed. "Pft uh-huh, yeah." Mom came back in. "Come over here Jayla. I'm gonna check out your head okay?" I nodded and scooted to the edge of the bed. She reached over and pressed against my forehead, asking me where I felt the pain. She finished up by cleaning my cut, earning a couple winces as the rubbing alcohol burned my skin. After she finished cleaning it she placed a band-aid on it.

"There. All done." I grinned and stood up. "So I can go?" She reluctantly nodded. "Yes, but go home and rest. Scott, make sure she rests." I sighed. "Mom, I can take care of myself." She sighed and nodded. "I know I just want you to be safe." I gently grabbed her shoulders. "I'm safe mom, okay? I'll see you in the morning." She hugged me and kissed my left temple where I didn't have the gash.

"Okay, I love you guys." Scott smiled as he stood next to me. "We love you too now go and help save somebody's life or something." She nodded and left the room. "So let's get you home then."I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Yeah yeah I know, I heard."

-------------

The next day I was standing with Scott at his locker as Stiles came up to us with another message from Allison "I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you. I love you more than - oh, my God. I can't - You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate." I grinned and shook my head.

"Come on, you're the only one that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" I scoffed. "Well thanks." He patted my shoulder and looked back to Stiles. "Yes! Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?" Scott closed his locker and looked at Stiles. "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." I nodded.

"A bestiary." Scott turned to me, obviously confused. "What?"

"A bestiary. Deaton was talking about a bestiary." Scott shook his head and lightly laughed. "I think you mean bestiality." Stiles poked in, talking to Scott. "Nope, pretty sure isn't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Scott glanced between the two of us confused. "How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff."

I shrugged. "You're my brother. You're a werewolf. I took it upon myself to brush up on my knowledge of supernatural creatures. I already had most of it, remember when I had that phase of wanting to be a vampire because of The Vampire Diaries?" He sighed and nodded. "Yeah and you're my best friend. you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine."

Scott nodded again as Stiles leaned against the lockers. "Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is -" I nodded. "Not only that. but also who it is." We all exchanged glances. "We need that book." We said that at the same time and I went out to find Allison. I promised that I would help with the whole communicating thing between her and Scott but Stiles hasn't thought of the fact that he could just text me while I was with Allison and he with Scott.

So he sat next to Allison on the stairs. "A bestiary." She looked at him, also with a small smile on her face. "I think you mean-" He shook his head right away. "No, I mean And the two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your heads." Allison shook her head and glanced at me. "Okay, um. Can you describe this thing?"

I nodded, "Yeah um, it would be a book. Worn out. Old." She widened her eyes and glanced at Stiles. "Like bound in leather?" He nodded and she thought for a second. "Tell him, I've seen my Gerard with a book like that." He nodded and ran off to tell Scott the message. "Does he know that he could have just texted Scott?" I shrugged and looked at her as we went to sit outside. "He'll realize eventually.