"She is going to be so excited when she sees him drop to one knee" Natalie sighs as she hangs some more of the pink sashes over the stage.

"He's planned it so perfectly" Violet put a box of spirits on an empty table "In front of all her friends and family, I hope she says yes"

"I'll kill her is she doesn't" Anna quickly replied causing everyone to laugh "Anyway there is no chance of that she loves Ryan, she'd be lost without him"

××

Ryan laid still beside Lily, as his eyes flickered open he saw a trail of blood beside him.

Blake staggered to his feet and just stared, a pool of blood was now surrounding Lily and Ryan.

Ryan used all his energy and pulled himself upwards, Blake was horrified when he saw Ryan stand. There was no blood on the front of his shirt "No" he shook his head frantically as Ryan realised.

"LILY" he yelled as he knelt beside Lily pulling her around, that's when he saw it. The red patch on her stomach which was still flowing with blood "Lily, no Lily" Ryan fought his tears as he felt for a pulse.

"I didn't mean to...I didn't know she was going to do that" Blake stuttered as he flashed back to the moment he shot Ryan, Lily had jumped in front of her boyfriend shielding him from the bullet. She had pushed Ryan over on her way to the ground causing him to hit the back of his head and daze himself.

Blake rushed forwards and tried to touch Lily, Ryan lost it he pushed Blake away from her causing Blake to lash out. As Blake pulled Ryan up with his shirt Lily flopped to the ground still bleeding "YOU DID THIS, YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT HER ALONE" Blake lifted the gun again and pointed it back at Ryan.

Ryan wrestled with Blake knocking the gun from his hand, Ryan wasn't fighting to protect himself though, he knew Lily was dying and if Blake had finished what he had started then Lily wouldn't get help in time...Ryan was fighting for his life, simply so he could save Lily's.

Blake puched Ryan's jaw, as Ryan grabbed him and puched him back. He didn't stop at one, Ryan kept hitting Blake until he was on the ground. He then rushed back to Lily's side picking her up and carrying her quickly down the stairs, he ran out to his car and unlocked the door before putting her on the back seat and dialling 911 from his cell phone, which was still on the passenger seat. Ryan kept his eye on the door of Lily's studio the whole time to make sure Blake didn't come out.

Ryan took off his shirt and pressed it hard on Lily's stomach, and that's when he remembered...The baby.

Although it felt like an age it had only been a few minutes since Lily had been shot, Ryan felt for her pulse again. It was only just there, he moved some more hair from Lily's face and watched helplessly.

××

The police and Ambulance arrived at the same time, just minutes after Ryan's call. The police rushed inside the studio and the medics rushed to Ryan and Lily "Her names Lily Grainger, she's 29 and 8 weeks pregnant" Ryan said as the medics pulled Lily out of the car and laid her on a bed, from out of the ambulance.

"What happened?" a medic lifted Ryan's shirt and saw all the blood.

"She's been shot" the realisation of what had happened, finally hit Ryan "He was aiming for me"

"Okay, we'll take it from here" the medic put his hand on Ryan's shoulder as they put her in the back of the ambulance. Ryan climbing in behind them "Get her there quick, she's barely holding on" a medic informed the driver.

The journey to the hospital seemed like forever as Ryan watched the medic constantly working on Lily in the ambulance, he had radioed ahead for blood on arrival. Everything had happened so quickly one minute he was planning a proposal then this... Ryan's attention returned quickly as he felt the ambulance stop "Okay I need help in here, I'm losing her" The medic called out to the staff who had opened the ambulance door.
Ryan staggered out behind the medic, he followed them inside and down the corridor.

"I'm sorry sir you need to wait here" a nurse approached him. Ryan watched as Lily disappeared behind double doors. He felt his body slide down a wall as his legs gave way.

Ryan felt something sharp digging into his hip as he leant back, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the little blue box. He lost control as the tears fell from his eyes, how could this be happening? Why did Lily shield him? This was his fault, he should have left her alone and backed off like Blake wanted...he thought as he waited, prayed, hoped...waited...

........................

A.N

Okay this is the final chapter for this story :o

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind comments and votes. It has given me so much confidence in my writing. I hope you have all enjoyed Lily and Ryan's story...

Don't worry I have already started writing the first chapter of the Sequel book which will be called 'It was meant to be us' which I will be adding tomorrow...

Thanks again love Hannah xxxx