Chapter Twenty Four

Lily just paused for a moment as she waited for Ryan to explain "Who was that?" She asked again, this time Ryan had no choice but to answer.

"It was NYPD" he spoke reluctantly...

"They've let him go haven't they?" Lily guessed instantly.

"Yeah they can't keep him in custody until the trial because of the lack of evidence" Ryan had to be honest with Lily he had no choice.

"So they don't believe me?" Lily frowned, Ryan couldn't reply straight away.

"What about you?" Anger was apparent in Lily's voice now.

"Of course I believe you" Ryan moved forwards and put his hands on Lily's waist "I know what he has put you through and one way or another I swear he isn't going to get away with it"

Lily looked up into Ryan's eyes and paused, before gently reaching up to kiss him. They both pulled away slowly and Ryan led Lily back inside "Are you hungry?" Ryan walked into the kitchen and Lily followed him.

"A little bit" Lily smiled gently as she continued to watch Ryan search the cupboards.

"And we have absolutely nothing" He sighed defeated in his search for food "I could order a takeaway"

"Yeah pizza would be great" Lily looked through her phone and discarded all the calls and texts from her family, she wasn't ready to talk about what had happened just yet. All she wanted to do was spend some time on her own with Ryan, for some reason he seemed to make everything go away and right now that was exactly what she needed.

××

After some food Lily and Ryan sat out in the sunshine, it was a bright winter sun. Lily sat with her legs crossed on the seat swing and Ryan slouched beside her "I think maybe next time I should order the pizza" Lily chuckled as she rested her head on Ryan's chest and leant back onto him "Hell nobody needs 12 boxes of dough balls"

"Hey I thought they meant how many dough balls not how many boxes" Ryan argued "It was an easy mistake"

Lily couldn't help herself, she laughed loudly at Ryan's desperate attempt to defend himself "Yeah but surely you guessed 287 dollars was abit steep just for two people"

"Not really" Ryan looked at the ground sheepishly.

"You're an idiot Ryan Tedder" Lily was still laughing.

"Oh well that's lovely that is, I bring you to a beautiful place, treat you to a very expensive take away and that's the thanks I get" Ryan replied playfully, Lily sat up and turned around still smiling.

"Firstly it's your fault the take away was expensive, secondly this place is...well no I can't really argue this place is incredible...thirdly you should feel privalidged to be spending time with me" Lily leant on Ryan and watched as he thought for a moment.

"Is that right?" He sniggered as he moved his face closer to hers.

"Yep" She nodded just before biting her lip. Ryan hesitated for a few seconds, just enough time to work out if kissing Lily was the right thing to do. He didn't need to risk that decision though because Lily had already crashed her lips into his.

Within seconds Lily had moved from her position in the seat and was now sat on Ryan's lap facing him, she gasped as she felt his hands move from the small of her back, down her waist and onto her hips. Ryan immediately lifted his hands at the sound of Lily's gasp, but Lily stopped him she put them back where they were and continued to kiss him hard.

Everything in Ryan's body told him he wanted Lily...desperately. But he fought the urge the best he could, he didn't want Lily to feel under pressure or to rush her in any way. Ryan wanted to make sure Lily was ready "We should take this inside" Lily whispered in Ryan's ear as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He lifted her effortlessly as he stood up, Lily's legs were wrapped firmly around Ryan's waist as he carried her back inside the cabin.

As the door closed behind them Lily found herself pressed against it, she could feel Ryan's heart pounding against hers as he pulled away "Are you sure?" He gasped for air.

"Yeah" Lily nodded before pulling Ryan's sweatshirt up and over his head, revealing his white T-shirt underneath.

"If you want to stop you only have to say..." Ryan gasped again but this time Lily silenced him with her finger on his lips.

"Just shut up and kiss me" that was all Ryan needed to hear, he used his hips to hold Lily up firmly against the door. With his hands free he pulled Lily's jumper up and threw it on the ground revealing Lily's black lace bra, Lily felt Ryan's hot breath against her skin as he planted gentle kisses down her neck "Take me to bed" she whispered.

With that Ryan flung opened the bedroom door and carried her over to the bed. Lily's feet hadn't touched the ground since they got inside the cabin, and they weren't about to. Ryan laid Lily down softly on the bed before kneeling between her legs and propping himself up on his hands. Lily could see how breathless he was, he just stopped for a moment to take her in before leaning down to kiss her again.

"I have never had so much love for a person, until I met you" he spoke softly as he ran his fingertips along her jawline "I love you beyond words, nothing is ever going to take you away from me" Lily didn't reply, she couldn't, she now had a lust for Ryan that she could not control she didnt just want him...she needed him more than she has ever needed anyone. She didn't just want him to make love to her, Lily wanted Ryan to reclaim her...she wanted him to wipe all the memories of what Blake did away, she wanted to be his again and only his.

××

Neither Ryan nor Lily expected things to go the way they did, but something inside Lily snapped. As they laid in a tangle of bedsheets Ryan traced his fingers over Lily's bare back, he could feel her trembling gently against him "Are you okay?" He asked as he kissed her head.

"Yeah" She replied in a gentle tone "I am now" Ryan moved his arm around her and pulled her closer to him "I love you" she smiled "More than you'll ever know"