Chapter Three

Lily woke suddenly to the sound of the front door closing, she sat upright in bed allowing the covers to drop down around her "Hello" she called out but nobody answered.

Lily hopped put of bed and picked up her blue silk night gown off the back of the chair, tying it around her waist as she walked into the lounge. She looked at the wall clock and realised it was 6.30am shit...

××

Lily hated being lated for anything, but even more so work. The fact she was late meant she had only just finished setting up for a photo shoot and had no time to go out for coffee before the band arrived. She just had enough time to reply to a message from her best friend Natalie and read the text she had received from Blake earlier that morning.

"Hello" a familiar yelled up the stairs causing Lily to jump a little "Oh Lily sweetheart thank you so much for doing this"

"It's fine" Lily put her phone on the side and greeted John and the band she would be working with.

"Guys this is the one and only Lily Grainger, she's the best in the business" Lily smirked as she remembered something Dean had said to her the day before "Lily this is Zach, Drew, Ryan, Brent, Eddie and Bryan"

"Hi" Lily smiled and shook the hand of each member "OneRepublic right?" She added with confidence. They all nodded and laughed "Okay great, well shall we get started?"

"Yeah sure" Ryan's eyes seemed to be fixed on something behind Lily, as she turned around she saw what he was looking at. It was a photograph of a sunrise taken over Central Park "Did you take that?"

"Yeah" Lily smiled "That's why I have it on display in my studio" Ryan sniggered a little when he realised his stupidity.

"Obviously" he shrugged and grinned "Seriously though that is incredible, is it for sale?"

"Ryan I'm sorry to be a kill joy but you need to get a move on Lily has other clients, but she is far too polite to say so" Lily shook her head at Ryan and laughed a little.

××

It wasn't long until Lily was in full swing, she had different photos of all the guys and lots of individual shots "That should be it for today" John called from behind Lily's camera "These are amazing" he tapped Lily's arm and walked over to the band "Why don't we grab some lunch and let do her thing?" John ushered Brent, Brian, Eddie and Drew out of the door "Ryan are you coming?"

"Erm no I'm gonna stay here and take a look at Lily's work now I'm in my own time" he looked at Lily and winked before turning back to John. He rolled his eyes and nodded, before disappearing.

Lily turned and saw Ryan looking at some of the photographs she had taken on a safari in Kenya, his attention was quickly drawn to a huge print of a Lioness and her cubs "You really are amazing" Ryan exhaled as he took a step back "So tell me Lily who is the most famous person you have worked with?"

Lily thought for a moment before replying "Erm...I did some family shots of the Queen of England and the royal family last November"

"NO way" Ryan was shocked "And how old are you?"

"29" Lily blushed and looked at her mac book screen "Here we are" she clicked on the file and opened her shots of OneRepublic.

"Incredible" Ryan whispered under his breath as he walked closer to Lily.

××

"I like that one aswell" Ryan chuckled as he pointed at Drew and himself fooling around during the shoot "You capture moments so creatively"

"Yeah well it is my job" Lily laughed "So John tells me you write for other artists as well as your own band, what made you get into that?" she was distracted as her phone vibrated on the table for the fourth time.