Chapter Sixteen

"Oh man this hotel is gorgeous" Anna cried excitedly as Lily opened the door to their room "Look at the bed"

"It is pretty" Lily replied with a smile. No matter how amazing the hotel was or how beautiful France was Lily couldn't get Ryan out of my head. She hated leaving him with things the way they were.

"Alright what's up?" Anna frowned she knew her friend too well "You haven't been yourself since we left New York, it's Ryan isn't it?"

Lily didn't reply straight away, she wasn't sure if she should at first "He told me he was in love with me"
"He what?" Anna stopped what she was doing immediately and sat beside Lily on the four post bed "When?"

"The day before yesterday, after Blake came to the resturant" Lily replied "I told him I would understand if he wanted to. Walk away from the crazy, and he said he couldn't because he has fallen in love with me"

Anna gasped "What did you say?"

"Nothing" Lily could see the look of disapproval on Anna face without even looking up "I didn't know how I felt"

"Didn't?"

"Yeah, I think I do now" Lily smiled weakly "Thing is I am thousands of miles away and I can't tell him"

"Call him" Anna suggested, but Lily was reluctant.

"It's not really something I can tell him over the phone though is it?" She frown "It has to he face to face"

Suddenly Lily's phone beeped on her pocket "Is that him now?" Anna asked eagerly, Lily rolled her eyes and read Ryan's text.

'Hey Beautiful, hope you got to Cannes safely. I miss you already, Ryan xx'

'Hey you :) yes just in the hotel now, miss you too, Lily xx' Lily smirked a she hit reply "It that it, no love or extra kisses?"

"Shouldn't you be calling Drew?" Lily frowns and Anna chuckles.

"No it's like 5.25am in New York right now" Shit Ryan is still awake Lily thought to herself "Drew wouldn't appreciate me waking him. Listen Lil tell me to mind my own business but whatever you said, or didn't say in this case, is obviously bothering you, call him, tell him"

"What now?" Lily was horrified.

"Yeah he's still awake, chances are he's probably worrying you don't feel the same way" What Anna said made a lot of sense. Lily picked up her phone and dialled Ryan's cell number.

"I'll take a shower" Anna whispered a she disappeared into the ensuite bathroom to give Lily some space.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you to ring. Is everything okay?" Ryan sounded concerned.

"Oh yeah everything's fine, it's just what you said the other day..."

"Yeah, I meant it" Ryan replied "But like I also said there's no pressure"

"Thing is Ryan there kind of is, you were honest about your feeling and it's only fair I am too" Lily stuttered trying to find the right words "Being away from you even for a short time has made it even clearer to me, Ryan I'm in love with you too"

Ryan paused before answering, which made Lily's heart sink, but only for a moment "Thank god for that" Ryan teased "I thought I rushed into things again"

"No" Lily giggled "I just wanted to be sure before I said it back"

"I'm glad you did" Ryan seemed happy "So what are your plans for today?"

"Should you not be asleep?" Lily asked and Ryan laughed loudly.

"Yes mom" He replied "I have only just finished working on the final track with the guys we are just unwinding before going to bed"

"What so the records finished now?" Lily sounded excited for Ryan and the guys "That's awesome"

"Yeah it is a relief, so tell me more about Cannes"

"It's amazing and the hotel is beautiful, I still can't believe Dean let me be involved in all of this. We are going on a helicopter ride tomorrow morning before we fly home, just imagine the shots I will get from up there" Lily gushed.

"Sounds awesome, I wish I could come with you" Ryan replied.

"Well fly over then" Lily didn't think before she spoke, she got so lost in the moment "Obviously I know you can't" she quickly corrected her stupidity.

"I would love to if I could" Ryan seemed sad he couldn't take her up on her offer.

"It would have been amazing"

××

"Are you sure this is the right place?" As Anna looked around the resturant for Dean.

"Yeah I think so" Lily was also looking for him.

"Good evening ladies" Dean approached the women, who were still stood near the bar. He greeted them with a hug and air kisses "Our table is this way"

Lily and Anna followed Dean to a large table in the corner, there looked to be a lot of middle aged official looking men and a couple of young women "Ladies, gentlemen this is the incredible photographer I was telling you about Lily Grainger and this is her special guest Anna"

"Hello Lily" a woman got up and shook Lily's hand "Dean has shown us your work, you have an incredible talent. Thank you for sharing it with us tonight"

"No problem" Lily was flattered by the woman's comment "And thank you for your kind words"

××

Everyone seemed comfortable in each other's company, Lily had gone outside for some air when she heard Mark (a guy from the table) come up behind her, he had a California accent "All that talk of business gives me a fuzzy head, would you like one?" He held open a cigarette packet.

"No...Thank you" Lily shook her head.

"Oh you're a good girl, you don't mind if I do, do you?" Mark asked politely.

"No go ahead" Lily smiled.

"So Lily how did a beautiful girl like you end up on the wrong side of the camera?" Mark smirked, this made Lily feel a little uncomfortable.

"I'm not sure I understand?" Lily looked so niave for a moment.

"Well look at you, you belong in front of a camera surely..."

"Oh I don't know about that" Lily nervously tucked her hair behind her ear.

"And so modest too, you really are a little..." Lily held her hand up and stopped Mark from moving and my closer.

"I have a boyfriend" Lily said quickly, but mark didn't hesitate.

"He isn't here, I am" Mark stepped closer and tried to kiss Lily again.

"No" she snapped and pushed him backwards "I said no" Lily was surprised to feel a man in dark clothing push between them.

"She said no" the stranger snarled violently...Lily recognised his voice instantly...but it couldn't be him...could it?