Chapter Seventeen

Lily was still trying to process what had just happened "Ryan" she gasped "What are you doing here?"

"I was going to surprise you while you had dinner, but that doesn't matter anymore. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" Lily nodded and then quickly rushed into Ryan's arms "It's so good to see you. Wait how did you know where I was?"

"Drew called Anna when we landed, she told us where you were. Like I said it was supposed to be a surprise" Lily had almost forgotten Mark was still standing behind them, as she listened to Ryan explain.

"Hey listen, I'm really sorry about what just happened" Mark tried to explain "I never normally do anything like that"

"It's fine no harm done" Lily shocked herself almost as much as Ryan when she replied with that "Just don't ignore a woman when she says no in future okay"

Ryan wrapped his arm around Lily's waist and pulled her in for a kiss "Shouldn't we go inside?" Lily pulled away reluctantly "They'll want to meet you, hang on did you say Drew...?"

"He went inside to find Anna" Ryan replied as he followed Lilly inside the resturant. He took her hand as they walked through the tables, towards the table in the corner.

"Oh my god" one of the women gasped "You're..." Lily and Ryan threw eachother an amused glance.

"This is my boyfriend Ryan" Lily smirked as she watched them all just stare at him.

"Boyfriend?" Tracy (a middle aged red head) asked and Lily nodded "Wow you kept that quiet honey"

Ryan politely said hello to everyone at the table, before sitting down beside Lily. Dean was sitting the other side of her "Is everything okay sweetheart?" Dean seemed concerned "Mark hasn't come back in and you looked a little shaken when you first came inside"

"It's nothing he just decided to go back to his hotel" Lily lied unconvincingly.

"He tried it on with you didn't he?" Dean frowned angrily "I told him not to bother"

"Dean it's okay, it doesn't matter. I can handle men like Mark" Lily smiled as she reassured Dean.

Dean wasn't paying much attention he was just sat looking at Ryan "I still can't believe you guys are together" Dean grinned widely "I mean you are actually dating, Ryan Tedder"

"Yes Dean" Lily chuckled "and it's safe to say we have gone beyond dating now" she smirked, knowing something Dean didn't.

"Ooh so how serious are we talking?" Dean pushed which caused Lily to laugh loudly, Ryan had been talking to another guy the other side about him.

"Dean I love you, but not that much" Lily giggled.

××

After a busy night at the Cannes Film Festival and after party, Lily was more than ready for her bed "I still can't believe how amazing this city is, I must have taken over four thousand photos tonight" Lily's eyes wandered to the street lights as she and Ryan walked slowly towards the hotel.

"Yeah, there is one photo we forgot to take though...come here" Ryan grabbed Lily and pulled her beside him, he held his phone up above them both.

"Oh god not a selfie" Lily squirmed, but then smiled gently for a photo. Ryan laughed as he looked at the picture "I really hope that isn't one for twitter" she added as she watched him curiously.

"Come on, it's not official unless it's not on twitter" Ryan uploaded the picture and wrote a short caption which simply red 'Spending time with this beautiful woman makes me happy, love her!' Within seconds Ryan's phone was beeping with notifications.

"What happened to, no comment?" Lily frowned playfully.

"Yeah well I want the world to know how much I love you" Ryan chuckled "I hope you're not ashamed of me Lily-Rose Grainger?"

"Well actually now you mention it..." Lily teased and Ryan grabbed her tightly in his arms causing her to squeal a little "Okay" she laughed "Okay, I'm kidding if course I am not ashamed of you" she pulled away gently and looked up into his eyes "I love you" she whispered. Ryan couldn't hide his smile, he pulled her into him again for a kiss.

"I love you too" Ryan whispered in between kisses.

Ryan took Lily's hand and led her up the steps of the hotel, Lily frowned when she got nearer her room "Maybe Anna and Drew have beat us to it?"

"It's okay I booked us a different room for tonight, we can get your things in the morning"

"Yeah but I won't having anything to wear in the morning?" Lily laughed as she watched Ryan try and open the door with his key card "Hey honey I'm pretty sure you can't unlock that with your store card" Ryan laughed when he realised he was using the wrong card. He took the card out of his other pocket and managed to unlock the door.

"You can borrow something of mine" Ryan chuckled as he pushed the door open and allowed Lily to walk in first. As the door closed behind then Ryan was surprised to feel Lily's arms around his neck "I thought you needed your bed?" Ryan smirked before returning Lily's kiss.

Ryan picked Lily up off the ground and wrapped her legs around his waist, as he carried her through the lounge area and into the bedroom. Lily pulled on Ryan's shirt as he fell onto the bed, between Lily's open legs. Lily gasped as she felt Ryan kissing her neck, he grabbed both her hands in his and pulled them above her head and held then in place with one hand. Ryan used the other hand to slip off Lily's shirt.

As the moment intensified Ryan and Lily got lost in a whirlwind of lust, passion and clothes...

xx

A drunken hand fell on the table beside the laptop "What do you know about loving her?" a vicious voice snarled and the hand reached for the mouse and zoomed in on the selfie Ryan had tweeted of him and Lily.

The alcohol sloshed out of the top of the whiskey bottle as it was slammed down on the counter "You will never be enough for her" Blake slurred as he lifted the whiskey bottle to his lips.

××

"So I was thinking, how would you feel about meeting my parents?" Ryan traced his fingers down Lily's bare back.

"Are you sure?" Lily was shocked "Sorry that came out wrong, I'd love to meet them but do you think I'm good enough?"

"What?" Ryan laughed a little "Lil you're more than good enough, my parents will love you just as much as I do"