Sam- Traditional

Being married to Sam Winchester was everything you'd dreamed for in a life. He was the sweetest, most gentle and caring, man you'd ever met and you didn't think that life could get any better because you both thought your lives were perfect.

Little did you know that adding a baby to the family would make you both even happier...if that was possible. Sam was a wonderful father; he was completely protective over your daughter, and he spoiled her every time he was home.

You were a good mom in most ways you thought. The only thing you didn't approve of in your mothering skills was your inability to be a traditional mom.

-

You weren't much of a cook, but you wanted Sam to be surprised when he got back from his hunt that night. You got out a cookbook and that you'd found in the bunker, and started flipping through the meals. You finally decided on a pasta bake, and started to gather the ingredients.

Y/d/n came pattering into the kitchen with the bear Sam had given her a few weeks ago. "Daddy?" She looked up at you with her big brown eyes.

You picked her up and perched her on your hip. "Daddy's coming home tonight baby girl." You kissed her curly head.

You were mixing up the dinner with a toddler on your hip, and you'd done pretty well up to that point. You set
Y/d/n down as you tried to put the dish in the oven.

You started the timer, and started to clean up. You hadn't heard your daughter in a while, but all of a sudden, you heard a thud and then y/d/n start to cry.

You ran to the study to find her curled up in a ball, clutching her teddy bear for dear life.

"Sweetie what's wrong? Are you hurt?" You rushed over to her.

She sniffed and pointed to under the table. Your eyes widened. There under the table lay one of Dean's guns. Luckily it wasn't loaded, but you were still shaken up about it.

You carried y/d/n to the couch where you picked up a book to read to her. You were about halfway through when the door to the bunker was unlocked and pushed open.

Dean started down the stairs and Sam followed a minute later. Y/d/n noticed and almost immediately jumped up to run to her father. "Daddy!" She exclaimed as her chubby legs carried her across the room.

Sam's smile was huge as she made her way over, and just as she reached him, she tripped, but he caught her. He pick ed her up, tossed her in the air, caught her, and kissed her chubby cheeks.

"How's my lovely princess doing today?"

Y/d/n responded with a gleeful, "Good!"

He chuckled as she nuzzled her face into his chest, and he made his way over to you. He kissed you gently and hugged you tightly, "Hey babe."

You smiled and greeted him happily, "Hey handsome."

After you greeted him, you let him and y/d/n go unpack his bags. You headed to the kitchen and went to check on your dinner. You opened the oven and were enveloped in a cloud of smoke.

Coughing, you pulled it out to reveal a burnt casserole. You groaned and threw it out. After you'd cleaned up and taken care of the burnt smell, Dean came wandering in.

"So, what do we want for dinner? Sam and y/d/n vote for burgers. It's either that or Chinese." He announced.

"Um, burgers are good." You mumbled. You headed off to your room and Sam wasn't there, so you sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed.

-

Back in the study, Sam couldn't find you, so he decided to leave y/d/n with Dean in the kitchen so he could go find you. Sam left y/d/n in her highchair with Dean in the kitchen and before he'd left, Dean looked over at her and grinned.

"Hey kid. Can you say uncle Dean?"

Instead of trying, she picked up her sippy cup and threw it, hitting Dean square in the face. Sam laughed as he wished his brother luck, "Watch out. She's feisty."

He headed off to find you and eventually came back to your room. He knocked softly, and you spoke, "Come in."

He came over to you and sat beside you, wrapping his arm around your waist, pulling you into his side. You lay your head on his shoulder and sat in silence.

"What's wrong y/n?" Sam asked gently.

You sighed as you exhaled and you explained your mood to your husband. "Sam why can't I do it right? This whole mothering thing is an amazing thing and I love y/d/n to death, but I can't do anything right! I burn all the food I try to cook which means my family can't have homemade meals, and don't get me started on keeping y/d/n out of dangerous situations. Today she got a hold of one of Dean's guns and I wasn't watching her at the moment. Sam, I'm not meant to be a mother. I was a hunter before we had a baby, and all I knew how to do was hunt, slap money on restaurant tables, and keep myself out of danger. Now I have a family that I can't even feed properly, or keep my baby out of danger."

You wiped your eyes, trying to keep the tears away. Sam looked down at you lovingly.

"Y/n you are a wonderful mother. It doesn't matter how or if you can cook. It matters that you love y/d/n, and make sure she grows up with the right care and protection. You can't put all that pressure on yourself. You are the best mother and wife anyone could ask for. All I care about is that I get to call you mine, and that I get to come home to a hug and kiss after trips. So please, don't ever think that you aren't a good enough mother because you are the absolute best."

You nodded slowly and you stayed silent. Sam rubbed your back gently and let you breathe for a while. Out of no where, your bedroom door flew open and y/d/n came waddling in.

"Mommy! Daddy!" She giggled as she latched onto Sam's legs. You smiled at her, your heart swelling with joy as Sam hoisted her up onto his lap. She stood up on his knees and held tightly onto his shirt as she balanced.

She looked over at you with her bug, beautiful eyes and asked innocently, "Mommy sad...why?" She looked up at your teary eyes.

You let out an airy laugh and scooped her up into your arms. "I'm not sad, baby. Mommy's just very happy." You kissed the top of her curly blonde head as she snuggled into your embrace.

Sam leaned over, kissed your temple softly, and hugged you both tight. "I love you so much."

"I love you Sam." You whispered.

-

You might have a slightly odd life, but you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Well I am so behind on requests. Jeez. I am so sorry!! I've been super busy lately!

Anyways! Have a great day/ night/ afternoon!!

I love you all so much!!!!