Chapter Six

Chapter Six:Why Do You Care?

Emily's POV

As soon as Niall dropped me off I went straight into the kitchen.

"Emily no hello to your father." My dad said I shook me head at him.

"Not after sending me to that school you don't even know my side of the story the truth." I spat at him.

"It doesn't matter you had drugs in your locker, which is against the law to take at your age. You should be ashamed of yourself." My father exclaimed. As soon as I said that I felt a hand on my face and started to feel a stinging sensation on my cheek I looked at my dad and he expression change from angry to sad.

"Daughter I-" I didn't listen to him I ran out of the kitchen running up the stair and straight into my bedroom locking my door. I sat up against the door and started to my tears overflow down my face. I put my knees against my chest and put my head on my knees and just sobbed just thinking about what happened just now.

I wish mom was here.

Calum's POV

3123 pine way where the hell is that? (I don't know if that's a real street) If Michael has given me the wrong street name I'll kill him...not really. I looked up from my phone and put my hand back onto the steering wheel, I started looking around streets and house when I got to the rich part of the neighbourhood. I saw the street that Michael gave me. As I pulled up to the street I got out the car and walked to find Emily's house.

After walking last houses I got to the last 3 house of the block I looked at the first number I see 3123 Emily's. I ran up to the door and knocked quite loudly. Then a man came to the door I'm guessing it's her dad. One way to meet her family.

"Can I help you?" He asked me sounding like confused about why a guy was at his door.

"Is Emily here? Cause I need to talk to her." I said

"I'm sorry Emily isn't allowed out with people like you." Hey is it cause I'm Australian, I could try to do an American accent.

"Please I really need to talk to her.... It's urgent." I said to almost begging to him to let me in."I'm sorry but I don't know you...so how about this keep away from my daughter she doesn't need a stupid boy coming into her live and ruining it." After that he slammed the door in my face.

"Well fuck you too." I sighed walking away from the door then I thought of something I ran to their fence going into the backyard and jumped over it...well not really jumped, I jumped on the trash can to climb over the fence.

I went to find the pipe and started to climb up it.

"Why couldn't he just let me in to talk to Emily... That's all I asked.... But nooo." I said to myself climb I looked in the window beside me it was Emily sitting next to the door. I grabbed a tight hold of the pipe and moved my other hand to knock on the window.

I quickly knocked and held back onto the pipe, I looked to Emily looking up to see me she was shocked. She quickly ran over to the window and opened it.

"Little help." I said she helped me off the pipe and I jumped into the window, I landed on the floor.

"Thanks Emily." I got up and she looked confused.

Emily's POV

"Why are you here and how the heck do you know where I live." I said wanting a explanation.

"Well I need to talk to so I asked a friend to find out where you live and you're dad didn't let me in." Calum said wait what?

"You knock on my door, my dad doesn't like boys at the door."

"I know I found that out. Listen Emily I need to ask why where you cry before?" Calum asked me I went to sit on my bed Calum followed.

"My dad he controls my life and he doesn't believe me. Everyday I get the same thing off him get good grades you'll have my job when I retire. And plus he hit me." I felt tears in my eyes then I felt Calum's arm around my shoulder and pull me into his chest.

"Emily you shouldn't be living with a man like him, he hit you no dad or mom should do that." I looked up at him.

"Why do you care?" I asked him still with tears in my eyes. "Cause I know what it's like and I won't let someone I care about get hurt." I leaned in and kissed him he didn't react at first but I felt him deepen the kiss. I didn't care if my dad walked in Calum wanted to keep me safe. And that's what he's gonna do.