Racism is over!!1!!1

"Racism is over, it's like so gone, it's just non-existent" Bitch then where the fuck did it go if it's not around anymore???

Shit doesn't just disappear like fucking sorcery or some shit. So if it's gone then where did it go? How did it leave? When did it leave? Because if racism was truly over POC wouldn't still be out here fighting for our rights. We wouldn't feel the need to snatch our culture back if those things didn't have negative affects on who were are as people.

BLACK LIVES MATTER WOULDN'T FUCKING EXIST IF WE WEREN'T BEING TREATED AS IF THEY DIDN'T. IF BLACK PEOPLE WEREN'T SYSTEMATICALLY OPPRESSED AND FUCKING DEVALUED AS HUMAN BEINGS WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO REMIND OURSELVES THAT WE ARE IMPORTANT TOO. OMG PLS STOP WITH THIS SHIT.

Just because we integrated with white people and go to school with them and can use the same bathrooms as them does not make us equals. It does not make us a post racial society, it does not make me racist for bringing up race, it does not make us any less problematic, and it does not mean that white peoples subconsciously hate us any less than before.

And yes, sometimes I do wonder what would happen if we stayed segregated and if we would be better off because developing and flourishing on our own terms. It's not like we need white people to do anything that we can't do for ourselves. I mean look at the whole Black Wall Street situation. Back when we were legally segregated Black people had their own Wall Street and successful business that flourished within the community since we weren't allowed to work on the actual Wall Street. So basically, what happens is that white people got so mad that the fact that Black people were doing better than them and were so successful that they actually demolished Black Wall Street and bombed it. So it's not like black people couldn't be successful on their own, it's just that white people made it so that the only other option of success was whiteness. That's the whole reasoning behind the civil rights movement, to be equal to white people and to be able to do the things that they can do. Black people wanted to get education opportunities, job opportunities, housing opportunities, etc. like white people because black did not have the resources to do so. But now, today, in 2015, we're still having the same conversations as our ancestors about institutionalized racism. It just doesn't make any type of sense to me.

"Uuuhh well you know slavery and segregation was a long time ago so let's not talk about it,"

WHAT THE FUCK??? Segregation was only a few decades back and the abolishment of slavery took place when? About a century ago? And how long have black people been slaves? Multiple centuries. But here's something that's interesting: It's normal for people celebrate "Independence Day" and get the day off. However, for me as a black person, I'm celebrating White people gaining independence from paying tax to other white people. In what way did that shit benefit or had anything to do with my ancestors. Now if racism is really over and the abolishment of slavery actually changed anything why do we not celebrate Juneteenth? Y'know June 19th, the day slavery was officially abolished? How come we don't get the day off from school and work. I'm confused?? I thought slavery was over.

Please don't ever tell me that racism is over because I will not hesitate to cut you.