"I can't stop you from going, but I need to do this on my own. I just can't handle everything that's going on. I need space right now." I said wiping away my tears.

"Elena, I cannot warrant you to go off on your own, no matter the situation." Elijah stated, putting his hand against the car door.

I sighed, turning towards Elijah. "I'm not asking for your permission, Elijah. I need space." I said, looking in his eyes, bordering irritation.

"I understand your need to resolve some issues, but you are pregnant Elena. What don't you comprehend about that?" Elijah argued back.

"Its hard to miss! I'm reminded everyday with the constant badgering!" I yelled.

"Well maybe if you wasn't constantly putting yourself in dangerous situations!" He frowned.

I gasped, taking a step back as if lessen the sting of figurative slap. "How could you even say that? I have never put myself in danger intentionally! Or my babies! I'm not about to argue with you!" I yelled.

He started to reach out to me. "Elena, I didn't mean-" As soon as he touched me, I lashed out. I didn't know I slapped him until I saw his face position to the side.

"You don't get to do that! Damon has always been there for me, despite that hurt him so many times. I knew he was out of control most times, but he was there. YOU TOOK HIM AWAY, BASTARD! NOW I HAVE TO BEAR THE GUILT! NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MYSTIC FALLS TO TELL STEFAN TO HIS FACE! TO HIS FACE! LOOK HIM DEAD IN THE EYES AND TELL HIM HIS BROTHER IS DEAD! NOT YOU!" I yelled, pushing him away from the car door. I opened the door, maneuvered my way behind the steering wheel.

I slammed the door, gripping the steering wheel. I did train breathing, thrumming my fingers along with my heartbeat. I finally calmed down. I started my car and drove off.

*Time Jump*

I pulled into the Salvatore parkway when it was nightfall. I would have gotten there earlier, but I needed to drive slow to figure out what to say.

I look to the house and lights were on. I zoned in with my hearing and I heard light footsteps. I could tell someone was heading my way. I looked up to the door when it opened and saw Stefan in doorway. My throat tighten when our eyes met. I subtly looked at Damon's body then back at Stefan.

I exit my car when Stefan decided to step out more. I closed the door and walked slowly up to the entrance. When I made it, we just looked at each other. Before I knew it, I was wrapped in a warm embrace with Stefan. I wrapped my arms tightly around, holding my tears at bay.

"Damon?" He asked, as if he already knew.

"You knew he came to New Orleans?" I asked, not moving from the hug.

"I tried to stop him by locking up, but he escaped. I haven't heard from him since." He said, pulling back. He kept me tucked under his arm, leading me to the house.

We walked to the living room, him sitting me on the love seat, then sitting himself on the other side of me. We just looked at each other, not conveying any importance, just enjoying the momentary peace.

I took the time to observe Stefan. Physically, he was the same, but his eyes. Eyes was filled with the most sorrow. Those hazel green eyes that still leave me captivated, breathless.

"Damon is dead, isn't he?" He asked as clasped his hand together, observing me.

I bowed my head, avoiding his torturous stare. "I tried to stop it, Stefan. I swear. He showed up at a party and attacked me. He injected me something.."

"Augustine virus. It increase the bloodlust for vampires. It turns out that Damon was held captive by these doctors that was experimenting with vampires." He explained.