Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cheryl got out of her car just as Kimberley’s front door opened. Justin walked out, with Kimberley behind him. He then turned and kissed Kimberley on the lips and Cheryl heard him say “See you later.” He saw Cheryl and nodded to her before getting in his car. Cheryl ignored him – she was confused to say the least. She walked over to Kimberley with a quizzical look on her face.

“You didn’t break up with him, did you?”

“I tried...” Kimberley said, but avoided eye contact. “But then he promised he’d be better and really try to turn things around... And I don’t know...I just thought I should give him another chance.”

Cheryl couldn’t believe what she was hearing. How could Kimberley give in so easily?

“Oh.” Was all Cheryl could say. Kimberley glanced at her briefly before turning to walk inside.

“Come on, let’s get started.”

The last thing Cheryl was in the mood for was singing, and she let that show once they were in the studio. She was so angry; she just didn’t care about anything else.

“Cheryl, you need to do that again,” Kimberley spoke through the intercom into the recording booth. She was starting to get frustrated with Cheryl’s lack of interest in what she was doing, she hadn’t listened to a word she’d said, and after more attempts at getting across her point Kimberley walked into the glass booth.

“Cheryl, what the hell is going on? Why aren’t you focused? Do you not care about this?”

“Of course I do!” Cheryl snapped.

“Ok, then tell me now, without looking at the paper, what is the first line of the song?”

Cheryl felt herself getting more and more angry.

“Who gives a sh!t, it’s a sh!t song. I should have got someone else to do this with me – you’re clearly not doing a very good job.” Cheryl flung her headphones onto the floor.

Kimberley just stared at her in shock. “I’m sorry for wasting your time,” she said in a quiet voice. Cheryl saw tears in her eyes and immediately felt bad for what she’d just said. Kimberley turned, heading for the door.

“Wait, Kim, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of that, please don’t go,” Cheryl pleaded.

Kimberley turned around, tears running down her cheeks. “Then what did you mean Cheryl? What’s going on?”

“Don’t stand there and pretend you don’t know,” Cheryl scoffed. “You’re killing me here.” Cheryl was determined to hold back her own tears. She looked at Kimberley, waiting for a response, but she didn’t get one.

“How can you not know?” Cheryl sighed in frustration. Kimberley continued to look at her, not showing any emotion.

She then frowned and looked away. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Cheryl.” She quietly said.

“Yes, you do.” Cheryl raised her voice, she saw Kimberley’s eyes flicker. “Fine, let me spell it out for you.” Cheryl marched over to where Kimberley stood and crashed her lips on to Kimberley’s, her hands scrunching up her hair. She couldn’t feel Kimberley putting up any kind of resistance as she pushed her up against the glass door. Kimberley started to kiss her back with just as much passion and opened her mouth to let Cheryl’s tongue enter. She moaned when she felt Cheryl’s tongue battling with her own. She moved her hands over Cheryl’s bum, squeezed it and pulled Cheryl closer to her. This only encouraged Cheryl even more and she ran her hands down to grip the bottom of Kimberley’s top and broke the kiss for a second as she pulled it over her head. Once it was off, their lips reconnected with more force than before while Cheryl let her hands wander up Kimberley’s tummy and over her bra.