Chapter 45 - An Unwinding Mystery

Steve disappeared after the last words. "W-w-we..... we can get out!" Lee stuttered after a long pause. "If we can figure out who this 'Mastermind' is, anyway." Bodil added. "And how are we supposed to do that?" Gizzy asked. "I don't know, but we'll figure it out..... we have to." Ian replied grimly. "But how? We have to know how!" Sky exclaimed, throwing his hands on the table and jumping up. "But we don't." Lewis snapped, looking up. "Well, I have a theory." Lee said, a nervous smile on his face. "What?" Ian asked. "I..... well, I think it's one of us." Lee finished, his eyes traveling from one person to the next. "What makes you think that? You don't know who they are, do you?" Gizzy asked almost immediately. "No, but think for a minute. We haven't seen him. Haven't heard him. Haven't met him. Or have we? He might be sitting with us right now, and we wouldn't even know it. They wouldn't tell us, that would be stupid. They could be right under our noses. Now, I say we search everyone's rooms. Right now." Lee finished. "That's ridiculous!" Aphmau Said. Sky, on the other hand, said, "Right now? As in, Right now Right now?" Lee nodded. "Its a good a plan as any, I suppose." Ian agreed with Lee. What if it really was one of them?

They searched Ian's room first. "Nothing in this drawer!" Sky called from the far side of the bed, looking in the nightstand. "You're not going to find anything." Ian warned for the Billionth time.
By the time they were done, All of Ian's belongings were on the floor, either broken or upside-down. After that They searched Bodil's, then Aphmau's, Then Lewis's, Then Sky's, Then Gizzy's, And they had just finished demolishing Lee's room. "Come on guys, that was irreplaceable!" Lee exclaimed as Sky carelessly threw a glass sculpture if a cake on the floor, shattering it.

"Well, we didn't find anything," Sky said, leaning back in his chair. "What about The Other Bedrooms?" Gazza asked. "The.....other Bedrooms?"Lee looked over at him. "I don't think we should....." He glanced at the hall they had just left. They were back sitting at the table. "I think we should. There could be valuable information! We can't investigate properly unless we've searched all of the rooms!" Gazza snapped. "I guess your right, let's go." Aphmau sighed, standing up.

The first room they searched was Bashur's. "The walls are painted Like a watermelon!" Bodil laughed. The walls were Light green with darker streaks. "So? We're supposed to be looking for something to help us! Wallpaper won't do that!" Sky replied harshly. "We shouldn't be in here." Lee repeated. "A bit Sad, but we need to find something that can help us!" Sky admitted, turning back to the chest he was looking through. Ian was looking in a different chest. It had weapons of all sorts........ What had Bashur's been planning? Eh, probably just for self defense, Ian shrugged it off. But doubt pricked the edge of his mind as he pulled out Blade after Bow After blade. He even cut himself on one by mistake. "Agh! Stupid Sword."he muttered, holding his arm. "You ok?" Sky asked. "Yeah, Fine." He replied. Next they Searched Simons room. "I'm not going In there, I-I'll just stay out here," Lewis had said, standing in the doorway. Now he was out of sight, probably Back in the Main hall eating lunch.
"Nothing here," Lee sighed as they emptied the last chest. "Which room next?" Bodil asked. "Cupquake's." Sky replied.

They were searching Cupquake's room. "Guys? Come over here, you're gonna want to see this." Sky said, pulling out a book with A Silver plaque on the front. 'My Book' the letters were in cursive, barely readable, beacause the silver was rusty and obviously very old. "Don't touch that!" Aphmau snatched it out of Sky's hands and put it back in the chest. "Hey!" "Would you want someone reading through your private thoughts?" Aphmau snapped. "If it could help us-" "no! You wouldn't!" She closed the chest. "Aphmau, Cupquake obviously knew something about all of this, I'm sorry, but we have to look in that book." Gazza insisted. Aphmau thought for I moment. "I suppose your right, but only read what you have to!" She decided, opening the chest. Bodil picked up the book. "Lets see..... Blah blah blah, ooh! Here's something!" Bodil said, flipping through the pages. Ian looked at it.

Today I'm going to tell this book something I have told no one else.
Except for someone.... you'll see!
Book, I know who is behind all of this, though he swore me to secrecy.
He goes by 'Mastermind', though I usually just call him by his real name, everyone does!
He's not that bad, just a bit.... Despairful. I'm sure he was nice before he was, well, crazy,
But he has a few screws loose now. I haven't really talked to him since the whole Split-personalitie thing came up. At least it wasn't me who told! He blew it himself, on purpose, actually.
I actually knew Steve beforehand. He's....... changed. He used to be nice.
We were good pals, really. But when Mastermind told me he was in the plan, I didn't know what to think. Steve In this chaotic ordeal? Now book, you may be wondering: why am I here?
Well, I have a part of the plan to carry out myself. To make them choose the wrong person.
So far I Haven't succeeded. So I've changed the plan. Mastermind said himself it was a good idea.
He was telling me about a spy that was lurking about, trying to ruin what he had planned.
So I volunteered to kill them. I Don't know who it is yet.

I hear something. It's coming from outside. Sounds something like someone is trying to
Message someone. Wait, no, from the room next to me. Maby it's the spy!

"What?" Sky asked after he read over it. "A spy?" Ian added in confusion. "Wait, did she mean Deadlox?" Bodil asked with wide eyes. "....I think she did. Deadlox was a spy?" Aphmau asked.
"He would never betray us like that!" Sky exclaimed.