Chapter 43

AN-
Look closely at my art from now on.... see what you find....
________________

Ian walked back up the hall. "So... do we go find Lewis... or what?" Bodil asked. "I dunno, I guess you guys can," Sky stretched, "but I'm going to bed. We've been walking for forever!" . Ian was tired aswell, Lewis could wait. Surely he was overreacting, the more information the better! Then again, what if one of Ian's best friends were dead, and the other a crazed maniac that could kill them all? Ian shuddered at the thought. Maby Lewis wasn't overreacting, "I'll go find him. Any of you want to come?" Ian asked. "I'll go, you can't find him on your own!" Lee stepped forward. "Ok, let's go." Ian motion to Lee with a wave of his hand. They trekked through the corridor where Lewis disappeared. "I don't see him anywhere..." Lee said as they checked room after room, concern heavy in his voice. "I don't either." Ian replied. Where could the Ultimate Scientist be? Oh no.... "come on!" Ian said suddenly, breaking into a run down a smaller hall that branched off the side. He had been here before. Ian tumbled to a stop in front of An iron door. 'Science Lab' was engraved in iron above the door. Lee pushed the door open.

Creeeeeeeaaaaaaaaak.

"Lewis?" Ian asked. "What? I'm busy." Lewis was standing in front of a brewing stand. "Put the potion down." Ian cautioned when he noticed Lewis was holding a dark green potion. A potion Ian recognized.
Poison. He could remember putting it on crackers to get rid of a Silverfish infestation. "Why should I? All of my friends are as good as dead." Lewis said, without turning around. Ian didn't know what to say, and by the look of surprise and fear on Lee's face, nor did he. "I.... just don't, please." Lee spoke, his voice cracking. "Give me one reason why I can't end it right here, right now." Lewis took the cap off the potion. "Lewis stop. We can get out of here. You can live!" Ian exclaimed, edging around Lewis to try to grab the potion. "What if I don't want to live without my friends?" Lewis said simply,and tipped the potion up to drink it. "No!" Ian crashed into Lewis, knocking the potion out of his hand. Lee grabbed the potion and shoved it into a drawer. Ian got up. "You can't stop me. Next chance I get I'll be right back up here, drinking that potion." Lewis snapped. "Then you won't get a second chance." Ian replied.