(15) Kayla's What?!

Kayla's What?! . . .

"Come on in, hot stuff- I mean, Anthony," Shay said and opened the door wider.

"Thanks," he said chuckling and stepping past her inside. His eyes lit up when he saw my head poking out from the kitchen. "Chloe?"

"Hey, Anthony," I said walking fully out of the kitchen. I stopped in front of him and smiled up at his tall figure.

"Hey," he said smiling nervously. "Sorry to just pop up here," he said rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "I tried calling but you weren't answering . . . I was sorta worried about you."

"Aww," Shay cooed coming to stand next to me. "You here that, Chloe," she asked nudging my side. "He was worried about you."

"Shay," I groaned giving her an annoyed look.

She held up her hands in surrender. "Sorry, sorry," she said and slowly began to back up into the kitchen. "I get it." She winked at me and then disappeared.

"Was I interrupting something," Anthony asked and pointed a thumb over his shoulder towards the door. "Because I can leave-"

"No, no, no," I said shaking my head. "We weren't doing anything." I grabbed his hand. "You can come in here with us." He nodded so I led the way into the kitchen.

"Well, hello, Anthony," Kayla said when we walked in. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Aquí vamos- I was just in the neighborhood," he said smiling at her playfully.

"I heard what you and shorty over there did this morning," she said wiggling her eyebrows with a sly smile on her face.

My face reddened and I glared at her.

He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Eh, bueno, tú sabes," he said shrugging.

"I have no idea what you just said but why don't you sit next to me, Anthony," Kayla said suggestively, patting the seat next to her.

"Um," he said glancing over at me. I shrugged approvingly. "Okay."

I sat back down in the spot I previously was and sighed heavily. I stared with amused eyes as Kayla basically gawked at Anthony.

"So," Anthony said and shifted uncomfortably in his seat under Kayla's watchful gaze. "What were you guys doing before I showed up?"

"Nothing."

"Talking."

"Eating cereal."

"Sounds fun," he said laughing. "I didn't see you in math today, Chloe," he said looking over at me.

"Oh, yeah . . . About that . . ." I trailed glancing at Shay for assistance.

"She was in the office all day," Shay said shaking her head disapprovingly at me. "She wanted to be a badass in 1st period and ended up getting kicked out."

"Seriously," he asked with wide eyes. "I didn't know you were the type to get in trouble."

"There's a lot you don't know about me," I said shrugging.

"Yeah," Shay said and snorted. "Like the fact that she called you a Puerto Rican God 4 times-"

I smacked her arm as Kayla laughed. "Sell out," I said rolling my eyes.

"It's fine," Anthony said and chuckled. "He estado llamando a algo, pero yo no te estoy diciendo lo que es," he said with a smirk.

Narrowing my eyes suspiciously I opened my mouth to question him when someone knocked at the door.