~Chapter Sixteen~

Mulai dari awal

"Are we all okay?" Ryan asked after a moment of us all attempting to catch our breath.

"I think so..."

"Yea..."

"I'm good..."

The hall was pitch black. I lifted my hand on my side that Brendon had been supporting. I closed it and opened it, bringing a red glow to the hall around us.

Brendon was leaning against a wall, his hands behind his head. Ryan had his ear against the closed off wall, I think trying to listen for the others. Frank had an unreadable expression on his face. I pulled my arm away from him and propped myself up against a wall.

"How did this happen?.." Brendon asked after a minute, "How the fuck did the walls move?!"

"I-I don't understand." Ryan stampered, leaning his head against the wall, "There was never record of any abilities like that..."

"Wait..." The glow around my energy faltered a bit. I focused and pushed it higher above my hand, "What about fear...Who was afraid of getting separated?"

Everyone looked between each other. Eventually, Brendon was the one to raise his hand.

"But what does that have to do with it?" He asked.

"Doctor Walker." I said, grabbing my side with a pain that suddenly shot through me, "She...She can manipulate your current fears..."

"Shit!" Brendon hissed under his breath, "Fuck, fuck, FUCK!" He kicked the wall next to him before tugging at his hair and sliding down the wall, "What the fuck are we going to do?.."

Ryan slid down next to him and put his arm around Brendon, speaking lowly to him.

I turned away and looked at my energy flowing in front of me. I took my hand down, but focused on it to keep it alit and floating. It twisted and spun as I watched it. The small black blob in the middle of the red glow was now staying in front of me without my hand having to hold it up.

I sighed and closed my eyes. My side pain seemed to be throbbing between varying levels of pain. It was starting to build up again. I shook my head, trying to avoid it.

"We need to find them..." I muttered to myself, feeling my body sliding down the wall, "We need to find them...I need Patrick..."

Patrick. I thought about the few seconds I had seen his eyes go back to blue and the feeling of his lips against mine. I cried out as I hit the floor, my side now burning from pain.

"Pete, you gotta get up man." I heard Frank. I forced my eyes open and saw him in front of me, outlined by the red glow.

"We can't find them with you sitting on your ass." I heard a smirk in his voice. He extended his hand and I grabbed hold with my free hand. He used both his hands to help pull me up, patting my shoulder once we were standing.

"Where do we go?" I asked.

"Only one way to go." Ryan said, standing with Brendon.

We all turned in the only direction we could go in the dark hall. I looked up at my manifested energy and willed it forward, ahead of us. Frank helped me hobble forward as Brendon and Ryan were staying close together.

I was beginning to feel dizzy from holding my energy in front of us for too long, but I kept quiet. We needed to find the others...I had to be stronger than this. I ignored the feeling, not alerting the others.

"This is endless..." Frank muttered, squinting into the darkness ahead.

"There's no turn offs or doors either..." Ryan looked nervous as he said it, "Is this what happened to the others too?"