~Chapter Eleven~

~Pete's POV~

~Tardis noise to flashback~

I was sitting awake with Andy in an old shack we broke into. Brendon was curled into a ball, asleep on the floor in front of us. We had a small flashlight to dully illuminate the room. It had to be past midnight; it had been dark for hours...

"He's a strange one." Andy laughed lightly, "Always ready to eat and ready to sleep."

I felt a small grin on my face, "Yea, that's Brendon for you..."

Brendon was mumbling in his dreams. He always did nowadays.

"Who is Ryan?" Andy asked, "I always hear him say that name."

I looked down. "Ryan...He's... No longer with us..."

Andy was quiet for a minute. "Was it the catchers?" He finally asked.

I nodded. "Shot him dead...But Brendon doesn't remember. He can't."

"Why not?"

"Ryan could mess with people's heads. He erased himself from Brendon's memories to take away his hurt..."

"Were they?.."

I nodded before Andy could finish. It still hurt to talk about Ryan. I couldn't talk about him to Brendon...and Andy had just never known him. I never got to talk to anyone about it.

"I had someone like that..." Andy said. I looked over at him as he continued, "Well...Maybe not that close, but we stuck by each other until..." Andy sighed and shook his head, "Joe was extra flexible and bendable. That was his thing. Really interested the staff."

"Interest probably isn't the best thing to have in that place." I said.

Andy just nodded. After that, we sat in silence for awhile. I was leaning against a wall and beginning to fall asleep.

That didn't last long when the shots started.

"Pete! Brendon! Up, now!" Andy instructed. He had shot to his feet and snapped off the flashlight we had.

"Brendon!" I was already alert and shaking him, "Get up, you lazy ass!"

"Wha?" He startled awake, confused. I pulled him up to his feet as something crashed into the room through the crumbling roof. Smoke began to fill the room and we hurried to try and cover our noses and mouths.

"Out the back!" Andy's muffled voice came through his shirt.

We stumbled out into the night, but I was beginning to feel dizzy. I had in haled some of the gas. I fell to my knees in the dirt as the world spun around me.

"Pete!" I could faintly hear Brendon calling out. I saw a figure running back towards me, but their hand shot up to their neck and they fell over to the ground.

I felt myself fall forward as if it was in slow motion. There was loud yelling surrounding me, but by the time they came closer, I was blacking out completely.

When I woke up, I was in a plain room. I looked around and saw Brendon lying on the ground beside me.

"Brendon!" I shook him and he groaned, bringing his hand up to his neck.

"Shit..." He groggily looked around, "What happened?...Where's Andy?"

I looked around. Our bearded guardian was gone. He was nowhere in the empty room.

"Hello boys..." A voice snapped both our eyes into the same direction.

~Tardis noise to present~