~Chapter Twenty One~

~Patrick's POV~

I never thought I'd see the light again.

When we made it out of the prision we had been trapped in for god knows how long, I felt like crying tears of joy. The area around the building was isolated and dying, but there was color. There were browns, greens, yellows, blues, grays...So many colors I had missed seeing.

"I never thought I'd see any of this again..." My voice came out crackled, like someone on the verge of tears.

Pete's arm wrapped around me and held me close. I covered my mouth, just trying to take everything in. It almost felt like too much.

"Damn..." Brendon was gazing up at the grey clouds in the sky, "How long has it been?.."

"Too long." Ryan said lowly. Brendon looked at Ryan for a split second before Ryan grabbed his shirt and pulled Brendon's lips onto his.

"Gross." David rolled his eyes, standing close to his two friends.

Spencer was standing a bit awkwardly with Josh and Tyler by where Brendon and Ryan were passionately making out. Frank had fallen to his knees in the dull grass with a far away look in his eye. Gerard was sitting next to him, with a similar look on his face. They had to be speaking through their link...

I looked at Pete and just felt a fluttering feeling in my stomach... Just like when we were first getting to know each other... Just like when we first kissed...

~Pete's POV~

I was looking up at the sky when I felt Patrick's gaze. I turned to him and looked right into his baby blue eyes. That was my Patrick...That was the boy, through fate or whatever, I found myself slowly caring more and more about... And slowly falling for...

"You're okay..." He said with amazement in his voice.

"We're okay..." I whispered, leaning my forehead against his. I was about to follow Ryan's lead from earlier when I felt a drop hit my cheek. I pulled away from Patrick and looked up.

The grey clouds above us were beginning to release their contents down upon where we stood. I laughed, unable to remember the last time I had felt rain on my skin clearly.

"This is it!" Spencer held out his arms and lifted his face to the sky, "Feel the rain on your skin!.." As the tiny droplets hit him, they crystalized into small circles of ice on his skin.

I looked back down at Patrick as the rain began to fall harder.

"This feels like a cheesy romantic." Patrick laughed, his light hair beginning to plaster to his face.

"Then I'm about to go completely cheesy romantic on your ass." I shrugged before my lips made their way onto his. His hands came up to cup my face as our lips moved in sync.

We were free of that hell we had been trapped in. The doctor couldn't hurt us anymore... His reign was ended. I couldn't help the slight sadness from learning how Leslie Walker, who was finally regaining herself, had given her life for all of us... Even with how much of a bitch she had been under his control...

Patrick bit my lip and tugged slightly. He let it snap back and he looked at me innocently.

"We can finally be okay..." I shook my head with a slightly unbelieving smile before I threw my lips on his once again. The rain was absolutely drenching us, but being able to be here with Patrick in this moment without fear, I couldn't give a lesser damn.

The blue from our touch had never been brighter...

The End.